Rainier: US to UK move

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Chicago2UK

Rainier: US to UK move

Postby Chicago2UK » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:48 am

I would like to give a fantastic recommendation to Rainier on a small (one liftvan) move from Chicago to Cambridge UK. I contacted the four international movers recommended on this site, who all came and did visual surveys. Rainier was the cheapest quote and estimated the smallest volume. Stevens and SWI quotes were significantly higher. Sterling never bothered to send a quote. I was a bit nervous that Rainier's estimate was lower - it turned out to be spot on.

Doug Wiviott at Rainier was my contact there. He did a great job keeping me updated and responding to my questions over email almost instantly. The local agents in Chicago were Deerfield and they packed my stuff very carefully and very quickly. Delivery took two weeks over the estimate due to a shipping delay, but I was kept informed.

Local agents in the UK were EuroUSA. They were also great. The delivery address is reached by a narrow one way system and the first truck they sent could not get through and they had to send a small shuttle, causing a couple of hours of delay. I got phone calls every 20 minutes or so updating me on the ETA of the shuttle. The unpackers were very courteous and very careful.

Everything in the shipment was in fantastic condition except for two small items which were inexplicably missing. I don't know how this could have happened since I was present at unpacking and I wonder if the box could have been opened in transit somewhere or at customs. But the insurance process was very fast. I had to report the loss on an online form, and Rainier took care of supplying the required manifests etc to the insurance company. I got a cheque in the mail in about a week.

In summary I highly recommend Rainier and especially Doug Wiviott.

farrah7031

Re: Rainier: US to UK move

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 pm

Thank you for your review and I have added it to our International Shippers review thread.

Return to “International Moves”