Need advise and help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Hannah

Need advise and help

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi, this is my first move to a different state and I need some help, glad I got to this moving scam website. I have been dealing with three compainies and just found out that all three are on the list... so I am starting over and moving in Jan. We are moving from TN to MO a three bedroom 2 bath house. Has anyone heard of Amovingaround moving service? HE said he was local and I am going to check out his office... just wanted to know if anyone had dealings with them or not!

Thnaks
Hannah

farrah7031

Re: Need advise and help

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Looks like they've been licensed to do interstate moves since 2005. Make sure they come to your home to do an in home estimate for you.

Get 3 estimates from local companies and compare the 3. If you need help, feel free to post all 3 quotes and our pros can help.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 pm

According to their website, Move Around, LLC interlines some of their business to a sister company, Slip2Shore. Both advertise in markets as far away as Dallas and Miami which, in itself, isn’t a red flag but should be considered if choosing such a small company.

You might have trouble getting three companies in Chattanooga to do an estimate since there aren’t that many active movers with their own authority still in the town. http://ai.volpe.dot.gov/hhg/SearchResul ... a&state=TN

Main Street Transfer and Storage Co., Inc. is the Allied Van Lines agent right in Chattanoonga. Armstrong Relocations, a large United Van Lines agent, has an office in Ooltewah, TN, and A+ Moving & Storage Co., Inc., an Atlas Van Lines agent, has an office in Rossville, GA.

Thegnome

Postby Thegnome » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:11 am

Go to the local yellow pages. Find up to three or four companies in town or nearest town. Physically go to their offices. Set up appointment (make sure they have a real office) in person. Get estimates, then go back to the internet and check this site, state and federal sites for compliance to licensing. Go to BBB sites, check on any negative reports.

Don't be afraid to turn someone down (be nice).

Don't be impulsive. Use your research to make an informed decision so you can like yourself in the morning.
Not a milkman

Return to “Open Community”