Local Philly Move (Feedback)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
purcellj

Local Philly Move (Feedback)

Postby purcellj » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:12 pm

On Friday we completed our local Philly move (suburb to suburb about 10 miles), the first in 16yrs. For a couple of people without alot of stuff, a lot of stuff was moved.

We got quotes from Clemmer and O'Brien's, both quotes were within an 1/2hr of each other and comparable hourly rates. Originally, we tried to get a quote from Ware's, but that was more difficult than it should have been (see other thread).

We went with Clemmer.

Even with moving a large amount of odd shape items and boxes before the move, Clemmer hit the estimate. The guys never dogged it and actually worked very hard. All were very courtesy and professional. Furniture was wrapped with multiple blankets and/or shrink-wrap, floors protected with cardboard or vinyl.

If I had to do it over again, I probably won't change a thing.

Thanks for the site! It really helped since we do this so rarely.
John

farrah7031

Re: **Local Philly Move (Feedback)

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks for coming back to post this review. Here's the prior post: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15039

I've added your review to the Superlist under PA.

chaz4moving

Re: Local Philly Move (Feedback)

Postby chaz4moving » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:30 am

Great to hear you had a good experience. As a society, we are quick to make our voices heard when something is wrong, but do not take the time, as often, to sing praises when we're happy with the service we received. I appreciate you taking the time to say Clemmer M & S did a good job for you. If you have the chance, drop Clemmer M & S a note, as well. Both the company and the crew will appreciate knowing you were a happy customer. Many companies post those notes on a public bulletin board and it gives the members of that crew some bragging rights for at least a day or so.

Return to “Open Community”