Good experience with Sterling Van Lines (in LA), small instate move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
zantiton

Good experience with Sterling Van Lines (in LA), small instate move

Postby zantiton » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 pm

I came here for advice and I feel obligated to report back my moving experience.
I recently moved from Los Angeles to Sacramento, CA. It was a small, local move, and I didn't have much time. I did some research here and I decided to called up Sterling, as they seems to have a good enough reputation. They gave me a 1300 something quote based on my estimate of 15 boxes, plus 2 pieces of furniture and a full-sized mattress, and storage for about 1-1.5 month. Now, at that time I think it's a reasonable estimate. I have moving allowance so price was a lesser concern of mine. Convenience and reliability was what I looking for. I ended up paying about 150 more so it was ok.
The movers came on time, and they did the pick-up rather quickly (I did have everything packed and ready). I didn't have a problem scheduling a delivery (after about 1.5 month of storage). I had my stuff delivered within a week when I come back from my vacation. And again, the movers arrived on time for the delivery. All my things were delivered and nothing was damaged.
Overall, it has been a nice moving experience. I hope others could be benefited from the information provided here.

farrah7031

Re: Good experience with Sterling Van Lines (in LA), small instate move

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Thanks for your review, I've added it to our Superlist under California.

Return to “Open Community”