Positive Moving experience to share

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Dbrown

Positive Moving experience to share

Postby Dbrown » Wed May 19, 2004 12:33 pm

Now that my GF and I have settled in to our new place, I just wanted to come back and share my experience with JK Moving with you all.

After spending time here reading and getting more and more spooked, I would like to say that JK allayed all my fears. Shannon and his team of movers were ruthlessly efficient in packing our goods and furniture. They were all extremely professional and much fun to work with. Nothing broke during our move. We did, however, forget to tell them about some pots in the drawer of our stove................oops.

The only other unfortunate part of the move was the realization that we could not fit some of our furniture up the stairs leading to our apartment. We did end up selling the furniture to one of the contractors renovating the house we live in! We have since found a new, smaller sofa, which the delivery guys hoisted in through a window since that wouldn't make it up the stairs either.

JK showed up on the day that they said they would and had our things out of the truck in the same efficient manner. I'd point folks toward JK for moving needs in the DC area. And thanks to all who posted in the other thread I began here. JK Moving is absolutely first class and it may cost a bit more to use them, but they are worth every penny.

Now, I would very much like to make a donation, but I don't have a Paypal account, are there any other means by which I could donate?

twalker
Site Admin

Re: Positive Moving experience to share

Postby twalker » Wed May 19, 2004 1:22 pm

Dbrown,

I'm glad to hear that everything went smoothly. If you would like to mail a donation instead of using PayPal you can send a check or money order made out to "Consumers First Corp" to:

Consumers First Corp.
2643 Beaver Ave #103
Des Moines, IA 50310

Thanks!
Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”