Big Apple Moving and Storage, Inc, Brooklyn, NY *** REVIEW ***

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
neneloco

Big Apple Moving and Storage, Inc, Brooklyn, NY *** REVIEW ***

Postby neneloco » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Hey all,

Well my move was done on 1/20/2008 by Big Apple Movers. I was given a window of 9am - 10:30am for their arrival. They arrived at 9:45am and started to work right away. Well within the range given, so A+ for that. They sent 24/26 ft truck and 4 men as promised.

Total time including stopping for lunch break was 5 hrs. Big Apple charged 1 hr travel time. Rates for move were $134/hr for 4 men and truck plus the 1hr travel time. they were out the door of my new house at 2:45pm.

Total came out to be $824.00 which included a $20 fee for my fridge. I paid cash so got 5% off and I gave a $160 tip so my total out of pocket was $942.00 for my move.

All I can say is that these guys worked hard, worked fast and had minimal damage. Only thing damaged was a computer table and a beat up display case. When unloading the truck, the keyboard tray fell out and was cracked, but its cheap particle board so we just glued it back. Also just a crack in a mirror inside of a display case. Other than that, nothing else and everything went smooth.

I was not charged for tolls, no extra for tape, and no extra for additional boxes they used.

Great workers, thanks Steve, Mohammed, Bobby and Jonathan.

Again this is Big Apple Moving and Storage, Inc., in Brooklyn NY.

Well worth it at $134/hr for high class services and no slackers!

They came to work and got it done well.

farrah7031

Re: ***Big Apple Moving and Storage, Inc, Brooklyn, NY *** REVIEW ***

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Wonderful! I'll add this review to our Superlist.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks for this review - I would just add that $134/hour is an incredibly low price for 4 men and a truck in NYC. According to rates posted on their review thread, Shea Moving would charge $175/hour for 4 men and a truck, for example, and I think All Star would charge $180/hour.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

neneloco

Postby neneloco » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am

Diane, you are correct. Big Apple was in the middle. Everyone that was priced lower seemed to have bad reviews, ie reliable spine aka GoMoversNY, High touch, etc.

At $134/hr, for a Sunday move, I could not pass it up.

Return to “Open Community”