ALERT - avoid Cormier Movers (NH): very unprofessional, dishonest

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
onceburned

ALERT - avoid Cormier Movers (NH): very unprofessional, dishonest

Postby onceburned » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:37 pm

I moved across the country with Cormier Movers 3 years ago and have waited this long to post to cool off because I was so angry about their horrible behavior. They lied about delivery date. They failed to label between a third and a half of our belongings and lied to our face when confronted with that. I had to go out to their warehouse in a neighboring state to help unpack and repack the truck in order to ensure that all of the items were labeled. At our delivery site, the driver hired a homeless man from under a bridge to unpack our belongings - ironically, the homeless man was the best person that we dealt with regarding the move.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

Diane

Re: CORMIER Movers: very unprofessional, dishonest

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:40 pm

farrah7031

Re: CORMIER Movers: very unprofessional, dishonest

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 pm

It appears that Cormier Movers is in NH:

136 LAFAYETTE ROAD
NO. HAMPTON NH 03862

They have really strange authority history, with a couple of involuntary revocations and were placed out of service:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

It looks like they were fined $16,500 from the DOT in 2005 for:
-to relinquish possession of shipment upon payment of 110% at time of delivery
-Failing to prepare an order for service in the form and manner prescribed.
-Failing to prepare bill of lading in form and manner.

They also have an unsatisfactory record at the BBB for failing to respond to a complaint:
http://concord.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.a ... rm=3007015

promover1

Re: ALERT - avoid Cormier Movers (NH): very unprofessional, dishonest

Postby promover1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:22 pm

The address you have for Cormier Movers is not valid. He was thrown out of there 3 years ago. He is not a reliable mover at all. He has scammed many consumers in this area. He operates out of his home I think. He has filed bankruptcy and is still using his old numbers. Avoid him at all costs. The mover at that address has no affiliation with Cormier at all.

ptjhr

Postby ptjhr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I want to say that Cormier Movers of Hampton NH is dishonest, sneaky, unprofessional and should be put out of business. I hired them to move my goods because they said they were expert piano movers - WRONG. They not only caused damage to my baby grand, they did not deliver all of my goods ( missing items) they also destroyed some of my furniture. They sold me insurance and then told me it was not insurance when I filed my claim for the damages. They refused to pay the claim and they did not return my phone calls. After contacting the BBB they called and yelled at us and basically told us they were not going to pay my claim and we could take it to the courts, or the president of the US they did not care. The owner of this company is UNPROFESSIONAL, DISRESPECTFUL AND very DECEITFUL. He went so far as to tell us he has a warehouse of pianos and knows how to work claims so we will get nothing. He is a snake and should be put out of business. We have reported him to BBB and they did nothing so we have gone further to the DOT.

ptjhr

Postby ptjhr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm

I want to say that Cormier Movers of Hampton NH is dishonest, sneaky, unprofessional and should be put out of business. I hired them to move my goods because they said they were expert piano movers - WRONG. They not only caused damage to my baby grand, they did not deliver all of my goods ( missing items) they also destroyed some of my furniture. They sold me insurance and then told me it was not insurance when I filed my claim for the damages. They refused to pay the claim and they did not return my phone calls. After contacting the BBB they called and yelled at us and basically told us they were not going to pay my claim and we could take it to the courts, or the president of the US they did not care. The owner of this company is UNPROFESSIONAL, DISRESPECTFUL AND very DECEITFUL. He went so far as to tell us he has a warehouse of pianos and knows how to work claims so we will get nothing. He is a snake and should be put out of business. We have reported him to BBB and they did nothing so we have gone further to the DOT.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Was this an interstate move?
And also is this the company?
Name : CORMIER MOVERS, INC.
USDOT Number : 531059
MC # : 266413
Address : 6 SCOTT ROAD
HAMPTON, NH 03842
Mailing Address : PO BOX 185
HAMPTON, NH 03842
Telephone : (603)964-4100
Fax : (603) 658-9644

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Conditional
Review Date : 11/3/2011
Most recent Safety Rating Data
Licensing & Insurance Status : Registered
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 4
Number of Tractors : 1
Number of Trailers : 2
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

ptjhr

Postby ptjhr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes it was from Manchester to Florida and the company was Cormier Movers Inc.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

You need to file a complaint with them on protectyourmove.gov You also need to call the BBB and let them know what the owner of the company told you.
When you file a complaint with the FMCSA make sure you also include in the complaint that their DOT numbers are not posted on their website. That is another violation also. Make sure you are specific in your complaint . They should have told you it was valuation protection and not insurance.
If they claimed it was insurance, contact your state insurance commissioner and file a complaint with them as well.

You should also call the AMSA and let them know about their member as well.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

ptjhr

Postby ptjhr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm

We did file with BBB and they glossed over it and it did not affect his rating - we gave them all the info and they obviously just took his word that we were not willing to settle.

ptjhr

Postby ptjhr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Oh and as far as telling us about the insurance they wrote right on my contract $200.00 for INSUR
It was $200.00 for 20K ins with a $500.00 deductible.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 am

Well looks like you have some issues with them. I would call the Insurance office of NH. Make sure that you inform them that you have documentation they are pretending to sell insurance and calling it insurance and not honoring the contract.

I would also contact the BBB MAIN HQ and let them know the results and that you think someone in NH Office is being paid off or siding with the business over the consumer. Has this happened before, yes indeed, and there are even articles on this forum with investigations of it.

I would also contact the Attorney General of the State of NH and let them knows exactly what the owner said about claims.

If he really doesn't care if you call the POTUS, I would rain holy hell on him with every person or agency that he could possibly involved with.

There are other venues to post to:
Angies List no subscription needed
Ripoffreport.com

and of course do not forget to post to the review section here:
http://www.movingscam.com/reviews/

You will need your order number for each of these and be specific in each case on the issue.
IE. Piano, what else is missing, etc

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Return to “Report A Scam”