Daryl Flood in Dallas is Wonderful

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
lpeirce

Daryl Flood in Dallas is Wonderful

Postby lpeirce » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

I had a fantastic move with Daryl Flood in Dallas to Washington, DC. Todd Westlake was my sales rep and answered my 101 questions based on moving horror stories. He was very down-to-earth and responsive. His bid was actually a little higher than the other two (Mayflower and United) but I had a good feeling about the company from my gut and reviews on here. Also, I wanted an estimate for a full pack and move and each of Daryl Flood's estimates was a seperate not-to-exceed where United's was not (question, question, question!). I also made some changes after he came out, and Todd was more than willing to revise the estimate.

The packers were efficient and courteous. NOTHING broke. I had a local United affiliate pack me in Nashville and they took ALL DAY. Daryl Flood only took a few hours.

My actual driver and movers could NOT have been better. TRY to request Freddie Caraveo and his nephews who work out of Daryl Flood. In fact, if it means delaying your pick-up, do it because they are that good. Freddie is TOP notch. Freddie was on time, funny, knowledgeable and plain wonderful. His nephews travel with him (so you know who you are getting on the other end) and are very careful and nice, nice, nice. You do not need to worry about Freddie in the least.

I was really worried about this move. But I asked a ton of questions, made sure I understood the estimates, and was lucky enough to randomly choose a fantastic, reliable, honest company.

:D

Diane

Re: Daryl Flood in Dallas is Wonderful

Postby Diane » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi, and thanks so much for your good review. A couple of questions:
1. Did you pay for this move yourself or did your company pay?
2. Who was the United affiliate in Nashville that you were less satisfied with regarding the packing?
Also, if Todd would like to have his cell phone number posted on the Superlist, give it to me and I will post it after his name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

lpeirce

Postby lpeirce » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:13 pm

I paid for the move from Dallas to DC myself.

I wish I could remember the name of the United affiliate in Nashville but that was over 10 years ago. That company also screwed up the estimate (and I didn't know better at the time) and forgot to include the move from the storage facility to my new home!

I will check with Todd on your other question.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Nashville.....Ten years ago.....remember it like it was yesterday.....the United Agents in nashville then were.......Hudgins ( Howard and his Dad Herschel).....sold out to Suddath 2-3 years ago, and Armstrong, so it had to be one of those two.

Kristene

Postby Kristene » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 am

It's June 18, 2011.

Just went looking for the wonderfully reviewed Todd Westlake on LinkedIn and according to his profile he is no longer with Darryl Flood. As seems to befit his reputation here, he is listed as currently employed by an Allied affiliate Coleman World Group as Director of Corporate Sales.

Have no connection with Todd, just doing a little research for my pending move to Chicago from Dallas and thought to pass this info along.
Kristene
"some they do, some they don't and some you just can't tell. some they will, some they won't and some it's just as well.." Supertramp

Return to “Open Community”