Review of Larsen Transfer Co. DOT#26510

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
bvg1981

Review of Larsen Transfer Co. DOT#26510

Postby bvg1981 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi all,

The last time I posted on these boards it was to report on North America Moving Systems in Jersey and how they'd made off with everything I owned; disappeared into the night, and only after moving mountains and getting the Feds involved; getting my belongings back...

This time around I have MUCH BETTER NEWS!

I purchased a home, and complete a local move in the Tri-Cities area of Washington State.

Having been burnt in the past, I did my research this time... probably a lot more than I needed to, but I wasn't about to have a repeat (as unlikely as that might be on a local move.)

I used Larsen Transfer Company an agent for United Van Lines.

They were professional, clean, courteous, friendly and awesome people. My final cost was well under the generous estimate from my in-home visit... and I also want to mention that the VERY first thing I was handed by the sales person was NOT his business card, but the rights and responsibilities of moving pamphlet!

I'm assuming that this level of customer service extends to their national services, too.

chaz4moving

Re: Review of Larsen Transfer Co. DOT#077949

Postby chaz4moving » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:35 pm

This was a local move, correct? The "Rights & Responsibilities" booklet is for interstate moves only. The information in that booklet does not pertain to local/intrastate moving so there is really no reason for it to be handed out on anything except an interstate move. Or, was this a pamphlet which Larsen put together themselves for moves within the state of Washington? If so, then I stand corrected. Whichever was the case, you were impressed and I guess that's the most important thing.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:47 pm

Chaz, some states have a similar document, as we do here in GA. Very similar to the interstate one.

Larsen is a good agent, you made a wise pick.

chaz4moving

Re: **Review of Larsen Transfer Co. DOT#077949

Postby chaz4moving » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 pm

In Pennsylvania, it's a one page form called "Information for Shippers." I designed a pocket folder with moving tips on the front and inside left page. There's a brief history of the company on the back. The pocket is on the inside right page. There are die-cuts for a business card. The "Information for Shippers" paper and another sheet I wrote explaining intrastate/local valuation go in the pocket. So quite possibly, the information the sales rep gave this customer was something similar. Sometimes I engage my fingers on the keyboard and/or my mouth before my brain and common sense kick in; therefore, I'll assume the sales rep gave the customer correct info. I agree that Larsen Transfer is a quality mover.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 am

bvg,

Thanks for this excellent review of Larsen, which I added to the Superlist under WA State. If you have a website for this company, I would like to include it. The one listed on the UVL website - www.washingtonmovers.com - doesn't work. I changed the DOT number in your topic title to Larsen's number from UVL's.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”