Hercules Moving Systems

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
codydog

Hercules Moving Systems

Postby codydog » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:24 pm

I have a quote from Hercules Moving Systems out of Hayward, Calif. MC # 619135, NOT HERCULES VAN LINES, which I read so many bad things here. Does anyone know anything about Hercules Moving Systems in Hayward, Calif. ? If they are reputable, I sure would want to change my name. They do have a differnt MC#. I have a total cost at a weight of 3200 lbs - 1000. It was explained to me that I can go up to the 3200 estimated weight with no change in price, but can go under it up to 1000 lbs and then be charged less. It is written as such: 3200 lbs Estimated weight weight additive: $0.55 per lb minimum 3200 - 1000 lbs. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks a bunch.

moverjim

Re: Hercules Moving Systems

Postby moverjim » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 pm

It IS the same company. Looks like they did a name change to hide their F rating with the BBB.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... =100060960

Notice the website for Hercules Moving Systems is herculesvallines,com

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:37 pm

There's no way to pay only $1000 for a 3200lb full service move. Move along and find someone else. Where are you moving to/from?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm

At 55 cents a pound, 3200 pounds would be $1600--still too low unless the distance is very short.

Also the company with MC #619135 is not located in Hayward but in Los Angeles -
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW
What gave you the impression that they were in Hayward?

All indications are that the two Hercules-es (Herculi?) are indeed the same company.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:19 pm

*snicker* and the email contact on Hercules Moving System's SafeStat report is LIOR@FIRSTCHOICEMOVING.COM

http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/Carrie ... Form=safer

codydog

Postby codydog » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Sorry to confuse everyone here is the quote from Corona, Ca to Danbury, CT I guess about 2900 miles.Total charge with 1 month free storage $1,9700. for total weight of 3220 lbs Then they say weight additive is .rr per lb then it says 3200 - 1000 lbs. It was explained to me the $1971. is total, but if I am less than that weight, I could go up to 1,00 lbs under that for a reduced price. Hope that clears things up. The lady doing the quoting has been so helpful, I am so disappointed that they do in fact seem to be Hercules Van lines. Thank you ever so much. Any suggestions. We got one quote from Oneill Relocation. They estimated 5800 lbs at a cost of over $4,000. I have only 1 full sized bed, dresser, nite stand, 2 small bookcases and about 50 - 60 boxes small and med sizes, 2 wardrobe boxes. I have NO washer, NO dryer, NO fridge, so we felt there 5800 lb was way over estimated on weight. We are moving from a 800 sq ft, 1 bdrm apt. Doesn't sound right. Any suggestions? Moving in about 2 months from now.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Get another in home estimate from a reputable company.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Did you ask for one month free storage? This is a common euphemism for "we may take up to 30 days to deliver your goods, but we won't charge you while we stick your load in mini-storage in the meantime."

Two months is almost more than enough time to pick a mover. Many estimates expire after 30 days. Whomever you use you should insist they come to your house so the trained professional eye can see everything to be moved and make an accurate estimate.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 pm

I suggest calling Don at STS Movers to have him look at your things. He has a warehouse in Riverside County and gets out there a lot so he might be willing to swing by to estimate the weight for you, especially if you hire him to load some ABF ReloCubes. O'Neill's estimate does sound too high unless your boxes are full of books.

codydog

Postby codydog » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm

Sorry for all the typos on my post I was trying to hurry and I am soooooooo upset. Thought I was done with all the quotes and now fear I must start over. Thanks for your help. Was quoted .55 per pound not rr. The other thing we liked was they would come in with smaller truck load and store in LA for the 1 month. Oneill said we needed a shuttle at extra cost of $445. Now, I have seen Mayflower 18 wheeler in here and 1 other large truck since I moved in here 5 months ago. The guy said no way. We needed a shuttle. Then their storage fees were outrages. Total estimate from them was $4,613. If someone gave me that amount of money I might hand over what I still have left after giving most of my furniture away for this move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Storage in the warehouse of a full-service van line agent is very expensive. But you can store ReloCubes for $125/month per cube at the ABF terminals. Also, if you go with ABF their trucks are much smaller than the van lines' tractor-trailers so access shouldn't be a problem.

codydog

Postby codydog » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:02 pm

I will contact Don at STS and ABF tomorrow. Man oh man, I am getting more gray hairs in my head over this move. Just want to be closer to my kids.

tmh2008

Postby tmh2008 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm

i recently used these guys for a cross-country move. STAY AWAY! my original quote of 3,400 turned into almost 6,000 (not including the exorbitant tips demanded by the moving crews). total bait & switch. they came and loaded everything onto the truck, then told us they had "bad news" about the estimated weight of our shipment, and coerced me into blindly signing a stack of paperwork. as it turns out, our actual weight was around 2 tons less than we paid for -- that's nearly $2,000 in costs. do yourself a favor and look around some more. good luck!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 pm

Make sure you file a complaint at www.protectyourmove.gov

codydog

Postby codydog » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Thank you for the additional info and I am so sorry for your extra expenses. I called Hercules back and without telling them where I found the info, told them that they had numerous bad reviews on various sites I had visited. She tried to explain her way out of everything including BBB ratings and being in business for one year (they had changed their name). Yeah, I wonder why. She told me they would list us as a VIP customer if we would choose their van line. They would guarnatee a good move and to look at their web site for customer good reviews. I said I trusted my other sites more. She also said they had satisfied all customer complaints. I told them they would need to do more than that to increase their business, like not have a complaint in the first place, especially on weight quotes. Anyway I ended with I like you very much, but not your company and they needed to improve the bad complaints of not living up to the contract and additional costs and bid her good day. I am so thankful I found this site in time, I was almost ready to sign with them. OH BOY!!!

Return to “Open Community”