Cor-o-van free storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mickey9

Cor-o-van free storage

Postby mickey9 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:24 pm

I'm moving from San Francisco to Ottawa, Canada. Several people on this site have said that companies offering 30 days free storage are scammers. Cor-o-Van, an agent of North American, told me they give 30 days free storage but they seem to otherwise have a good reputation. Should I be worried about this?

BigLeeCalif

Re: Cor-o-van free storage

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:30 pm

I lived in the Bay Area for 40 yrs, and Cor-O-Van won't scam you. Are you dealing with the West Bay location, or the one in Dublin?

Either way, they are respected movers in the Bay Area.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Travis

Postby Travis » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:47 pm

it may be a little bit late... but Cor o Van.... they are like 90% o&i movers.... their local crews do lack in areas where others excell on the house hold side... i do agree with Big Lee... I am from the Bay Area, and I know for fact, they won't scam you... they are very good at sticking to the estimate... oh well.... hope that helps...
"Getting the job done with a smile"

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:18 pm

I agree Travis, and that's the downside of Cor-O-Van, and Nor-Cal.

Even though you excel in one area, your crews should be proficient in the others as well.

We do 90% military down here, but our COD and O&I business always gets positive reviews. We send out quality surveys on every job.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Fred0844

Postby Fred0844 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:34 pm

You might ask them to name Abbotsford Moving as your D.A. I am familiar with them from their UVL days and they were good people to work with.

Return to “Open Community”