ALERT - avoid Best Time Movers (Rockville, MD)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

ALERT - avoid Best Time Movers (Rockville, MD)

Postby Diane » Sat May 29, 2004 9:49 am

Best Time Movers, Inc. (MC #454790) of Rockville, MD, has three serious complaints on this website and another one on www.thecomplaintstation.com. All involved local moves in the MD-DC-VA area. The company reportedly charged excessively for packing materials, dragged out the moving time and falsified records in order to extort more money, did major damage to customers' belongings, and behaved in a very rude and unprofessional way when people complained. Similar incidents are described by the BBB, which gives Best Time Movers an "unsatisfactory" rating, the kiss of death.

The company advertises on both www.123movers.com and www.vanlines.com, both of which are websites that funnel victims to scammers. The U.S. Department of Transportation database at www.safersys.org says that Best Time Movers has one truck and two drivers, not enough to perform interstate moves, although it advertises that it can do them on its website at www.besttimemovers.com. The company has only "contract" authority rather than the "common" authority that is preferred. It received that authority only in June 2003, yet purported testimonials on its website are dated March 2003 and even July 2002, so those moves--if they took place--were done illegally.

According to its BBB report, Best Time's manager is Maoz Afik (who is also the registered owner for its website) and customer service is run by Nicole Tal. A person posting as "Nicole-customer care" came on this website in January 2004 to try to defend the company in broken English. FBI statistics show that most scam moving companies indicted in the U.S. are operated by Israeli citizens. AVOID this very dubious company!

Patricia420

Re: ALERT - avoid Best Time Movers (Rockville, MD)

Postby Patricia420 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm

I was scammed by the same individuals. I even took them to court and filed complaints with the MD Atty Grals' Consumer Affairs and Rockville Consumer Affairs Office (beware of this office), to no avail.

They took my belongings to their storage facilities after I refused to give them more money for the move ($625). They even falsified my signature on releases of liability they presented to the court. I was to hire a document expert but the judge believed it was my signature, even though it was obvious it had been traced. The Judge sympathized with them (for being Israelis) and ordered me and my lawyer to negotiate at the court proceedings, and would not order them to release my belongings until I stood my ground.

After they finally agreed to deliver my belongings (the same day we went to court), they showed up at my new apartment and wanted me to sign blank papers stating they had delivered my belongings, BEFORE they even unloaded. I took pictures of them and called the police! When the police arrived they unloaded my belongings but left them outside my apartment. A week later they started harassing me, calling me, insulting on the phone, (the Israeli woman named Michal). I told them I would report them to the FBI and that I had pictures of them, so they left me alone.

The most frustrating part is that the courts and the law won't touch these people.

Miki-Best Time Movers

Postby Miki-Best Time Movers » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:42 am

Adressed to Patricia - the GUEST - if this is the name you wanted to use this time,

the company sees no reason to relate to the untruth you so beautifully

exposed ( the property of paper is that it can absorb anything ) ;

however, we'd like to remind you certain details you may have overlooked while

rushing to put pen on paper vindictively:

(a) The Court ruled against you - the only reason was MERE JUSTICE!

(b) You still owe us $150

We'd like to thank you for adding this letter to the Judge's summary of the

case if/when we decide to bring you to trial (?)//sue you for slandering

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:00 am

Hey, Michal Afik, what's the court case number so we can check on this?

And you can't sue for slander for something that was typed. Ask your lawyer about it.

Miki-Best Time Movers

Postby Miki-Best Time Movers » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Dear Music Mom,
The case number is 24234-03 was filed in District court of Maryland located at 27 Court House sq at Montgomery County on 11/20/2003.

I provided you with all the information that you asked for. I'll be more than happy to assist you further with future request.

Now I have only 1 question for you WHO ARE YOU??

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:13 pm

I am Batman!

Thanks for the court case info. I'll be sure to check on it. Now what do you have to say about all the other complaints listed in the first post? Do you have a snappy year and a half old comeback for them, too?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Hey, Miki, since you're back claiming another customer is scamming you, I've gotta tell you, I can't find the court case you're talking about.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/in ... -index.jsp

I went to this link and tried searching by the case number in District Court, like you said. The case number does not exist. Then I tried searching by date (11-20-2003) and the first name Patricia, and again, nothing involving you.

vamover

Postby vamover » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:08 pm

I had a very similar experience with this company. They are crooks!! They are also now using an aka of Metro Van Lines. Avoid these people at all costs!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Thanks for the heads' up on the name change. Sorry you had a bad move. What happened?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Yep, you are exactly right. www.metrovanlines.net shows the DOT number for Best Time Movers.

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:41 pm

musicmom - I have used the casesearch system at length and think you just didn't do the search correctly. On the main page you can change at the top between searching for a person and searching for a business. I did that and found the following:

060100117642005 Best Time Movers, Inc. Plaintiff Rockville District Court CONT 06/21/2005
060100242342003 Best Time Movers, Inc. Plaintiff Rockville District Court REPL 11/06/2003
060100243502003 Best Time Movers, Inc. Defendant Rockville District Court CONT 11/10/2003
060100243502003 Best Time Movers, Inc. Plaintiff Rockville District Court CONT 11/10/2003
080400182862005 Best Time Movers, Inc. Defendant Towson District Court CONT 06/21/2005
080400182862005 Best Time Movers, Inc. Plaintiff Towson District Court CONT 06/21/2005
060200054882003 Best Time Movers, Inc Plaintiff Silver Spring District Court 02 CONT 03/11/2003
03C05004729 Best Time Movers Defendant Baltimore County Circuit Court District Court DeNovo Appeal 04/26/2005 White vs Best Time Movers
060200076332003 Best Time Movers Plaintiff Silver Spring District Court 02 CONT 04/09/2003
080400257192004 Best Time Movers Defendant Towson District Court CONT 10/15/2004

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Case Information
Go Back
Court System: District Court of Maryland - Civil System
Case Number: 060100243502003Case Status:CLOSED
Case Type: CONTRACT
Filing Date: 11/10/2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complaint Num: 001
Complaint Status: SATISFACTION ENTERED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defendant Name:YOOU, JAMES
City:SILVER SPRING State:MD

Plaintiff Name:BEST TIME MOVERS, INC.
City:ROCKVILLE State:MD

Complaint Num: 002
Complaint Status: JUDGMENT IN FAVOR OF DEFENDANT ENTERED

Judgment: TRIAL JUDGMENT ENTERED

Defendant Name:BEST TIME MOVERS, INC.
City:ROCKVILLE State:MD

Plaintiff Name:YOON, JAMES
City:SILVER SPRING State:MD

It appears they won a judgment against the plaintiff

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Thank you, Tanya. I appreciate you looking up this information.

Tanya

Postby Tanya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:00 pm

n/p musicmom. I think you all provide a great service here. I need to make time to check in more frequently to help out if I can!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:09 pm

I did put out an alert about Best Time now going by the name Metro Van Lines.

Return to “Open Community”