need info on Southwest Van Lines (CA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mbourg316

need info on Southwest Van Lines (CA)

Postby mbourg316 » Sun May 30, 2004 9:06 pm

can any one tell me info about southwest van lines out of woodland hills ca. they give me a low quote to move me from az to pa and i can not find out any info on them and they charge per cubic feet. please help this is my first time useing a moving company

Here2Help

Re: need info

Postby Here2Help » Sun May 30, 2004 9:09 pm

First of all, if they are charging you by cubic feet, you have a 99.9% chance you will be ripped off and scammed!

Others will probably take the time to research this for you, but I will say you should never ever bne charged by cubic feet!!!!!

Keep looking! :wink:

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun May 30, 2004 9:25 pm

I can't find anything on this particular name in CA. Do you ahve more info, such as a DOT # or MC#?

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun May 30, 2004 10:04 pm

Your profile says that you are a maintenance man at an apartment complex. How much stuff (number of pounds or number of rooms) do you have to move and what is your approximate budget?

Don't under any circumstances use this Southwest company. It has the hallmarks of a scammer.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Mon May 31, 2004 5:41 am

Do NOT use any moving company that charges by the cubic foot for interstate shipments.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 31, 2004 7:18 pm

mbourg316 tells me the DOT number is 950212.

Using that number (which resolves to a legal name of ELI ' S FIRST MOVE VAN LINE, INC.), shows their authority was granted 10-23-01, and revoked 10-15-02. They had an insurance rejection on 9-30-03, which means they were trying to continue their insurance after having their license pulled. They were (and obviously still are) doing illegal moves.

Can you send your quote to quotes@movingscam.com to keep on record, please?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 31, 2004 11:36 pm

M, since they didn't actually move you, you're ok. You should send the quote on to the DOT, though, let them know the company is soliciting for illegal moves. Call 1-888-DOT-SAFT and they'll tell you what to do. Also, call the CA Attorney General, 1-916-322-3260, or mail the quote to Public Inquiry Unit, P.O. Box 944255, Sacramento, CA 94244-2550.
Last edited by MusicMom on Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:22 am

Also, look for a company locally in Arizona. You should be able to visit their facility, view the warehouse, check out the trucks that will be moving your belongings. Don't go with a company in California...

DO NOT USE SOUTHWEST VAN LINES

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:47 pm

My stuff has been missing for 2 weeks. They haven't returned my calls for 2 weeks. I am reporting them. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know

CA Move

Re: DO NOT USE SOUTHWEST VAN LINES

Postby CA Move » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:57 pm

They just worked me over as well. I will report them to the CA Dept. of Labor, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's office, Woodland Hills (Warner Center) Chamber of Commerce.

Anonymous wrote:My stuff has been missing for 2 weeks. They haven't returned my calls for 2 weeks. I am reporting them. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:03 pm

Also, the PUC, the CMSA and the L.A. City Attorney's office.

kyuss1

Postby kyuss1 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:26 pm

I used those guys for my move out to NJ before I knew any better. I did get all my stuff with no problems and no damage at the not to exceed price they quoted me BUT I still would never use them again. They have an F rating with the BBB and have several unresolved complaints against them. When they showed up to my place 3 years ago with my stuff it was with a van that belonged to a blackballed company. If you hire them you are asking for trouble.

FMcglynn

Re: need info on Southwest Van Lines (CA)

Postby FMcglynn » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:03 pm

Never pay by cubic feet. Only use van lines that charge by weight and miles only. You canb verify the weight of your shipments by the scale reciepts furnished by the driver. The truck should be weighed before loading and after loading. These are made available to you upon arrival at destination.

If you are moving to another state, use a reputable national van line like, Atlas, Wheaton, etc. Your pricing will be more accurate and your options for assistance are greater.

Nancy

Re: need info on Southwest Van Lines (CA)

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:04 pm

FMcglynn ~ care to disclose which mover you work for?

One of the Good Guys

Re: DO NOT USE SOUTHWEST VAN LINES

Postby One of the Good Guys » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:41 pm

SOUTH WEST VAN LINES did not have valid registration from 11/29/04-1/26/05. Therefore, every contract signed during that period was invalid. I would report any move during that time to the PUC. You can check out records on this douche-bag ELI COHEN at:
http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searc ... =407227#ID

Here you can look at his insurance history...its not good:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... l_name=ELI^COHEN&pv_pref_docket=MC407227&pv_usdot_no=950212&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Also, I would drag any broker you used into this, if your deal was brokered during this period then the Broker broke the law as well. Broker's have a non-revocable bond with the feds, therefore their butts are on the line as well. This also includes charges that the broker did not quote you, but Southwest charged for. If Southwest didn't get all of your stuff to you ELI COHEN'S cell # is 818-216-5244. These dipshits only have 21 business days to deliver ALL of your things, if they don't make it you can call their insurance company Adriatic and file a stolen goods claim.

I encourage everyone to post as much negative info about these guys on as many websites as possible, this may ensure that others have a better pool of data to google!

Return to “Open Community”