Nassau World Wide (Atlas Agent) - feedback?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
thesellman

Nassau World Wide (Atlas Agent) - feedback?

Postby thesellman » Fri May 09, 2008 4:45 pm

I used a great local mover in NYC recently (Redline) but they don't do long-distance moves so they referred me to Arthur at Nassau World Wide Movers Co - an interstate agent for Atlas. Their estimate was a bit high (but it seems like that isn't such a bad thing given what I have read here).

Does anyone have experience with Nassau as an agent (I think they used to be an agent for another large carrier) or with Atlas in particular?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time.

bigmove

Re: Nassau World Wide (Atlas Agent) - feedback?

Postby bigmove » Fri May 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Nassau is a new agent for Atlas, which used to be with United Van Lines. They seem to have a large operation, because they have two agencies in very congested areas. Atlas Van Lines is a well respected Van Line.

I think you would get excellent service with this company. Being a new agent is probably a good thing for customers, because the Van Line will be bending over backwards to make sure things go smooth. They are still in the honeymoon period.

Diane

Re: Nassau World Wide (Atlas Agent) - feedback?

Postby Diane » Fri May 09, 2008 6:09 pm

thesellman,

Could you please tell us more about Redline and why you liked them? We're always looking for more information for the Superlist linked to below my name. What is their phone number or website?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Phaeton

Re: **Nassau World Wide (Atlas Agent) - feedback?

Postby Phaeton » Sun May 11, 2008 6:18 pm

Nassau WorldWide still shows being with United Van Lines on their web site. They have been an Agent for United for many years. I had not heard they have left.

http://www.nwwm.net/

If they did move to Atlas then the movement of agents from one Carrier to another is not just with the Sirva companies.

bigmove

Postby bigmove » Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 pm

They have definately left. It is on the front page of Atlas's intranet service. I think it was official may 5th.

joesgarage39

Postby joesgarage39 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:19 am

It does seem odd that they left United. I am going to give a friend of mine a call that used to drive with them and see whats up. As far as providing you with a quality move, they are more than capable to perform a quality move for you.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 am

Nassau is discussed in the "New York-Long Island" section of the Superlist, here - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 1636#61636
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”