Meathead Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Barrick

Meathead Movers

Postby Barrick » Sat May 10, 2008 10:57 pm

[NOTE by a MovingScam moderator: This person's complaint was later discredited (see end of thread). As far as we know, Meathead is a very good company. However, we have a policy of not removing posts so we are letting this one stand for now. One reason for letting them stand is so we can see where they were posted from - the IP address used.]

I had a terrible experience with this company. Some of my goods were stolen and dealing with the office has been a nightmare. I noticed that it is recommended by this website but be warned!!!! This move has turned into one of the worst experiences of my life.

rydog444

Re: Warning: Meathead Movers

Postby rydog444 » Sat May 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Please, if you will, provide additional information that made your move such a nightmare.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat May 10, 2008 11:48 pm

Meathead Movers has held their interstate operating authority uninterrupted since 2001 and has no complaints of any kind filed at the FMCSA’s Protect Your Move website http://tinyurl.com/5g72oz . The BBB gives them a AAA rating and, if you check out the trophy room of their website, most of the residents of tri-counties area tend to rate their service pretty high.

If a theft did occur, it was probably carried out without management’s knowledge. How the matter is resolved depends to the circumstances involved in the missing item(s), the valuation option you selected, Meathead's liability under the law, and the results of the outside investigation.

Barrick

Postby Barrick » Sun May 11, 2008 10:39 pm

I hired Meathead Movers in mid-March. I was moving from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara. When my furniture/belongings arrived, several boxes of my belongs were missing, including electronic equipment, silverware etc. Also, it was clear that several of the boxes had been opened and resealed :(

When I reported the theft to the Meathead management, they offered to pay for the damages but I have yet to see any compensation: they have made it a bureaucratic nightmare-some of the stolen items were wedding gifts so I don't have receipts (and I only had some of the original receipts for my computer, CD player etc). It has been an extremely fustrating process. I am really angry.

Rick-thanks for the link for the FMCSA website. I will file an official complaint. I have a police report, although the police have been pretty useless in this process to.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sun May 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Barrick,

No, I don't work for Meathead Movers. I've worked with their office on several occasions over the last few years, though, and believe both owners are responsible business people.

Your situation is complicated by the fact that a theft was involved. And yes, the claim process is extremely complicated and personally frustrating. You feel like you've been violated and your anger is understandable. But just because you had a claim doesn't qualify Meathead as a scammer. Especially if they "offered to pay for the damages". Their hands may be tied awaiting the final police report so they can't resolve the issue as quickly as you would like.

Would you blame the manufacturer of your car if someone broke into it when it was left unattended and stole your electronic gear? The company didn't do anything wrong.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:51 am

Actually, you can't file a complaint with the FMCSA, as they are in charge of interstate moving only (out of state). You can contact the California PUC and file a complaint with them.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 12, 2008 1:22 pm

The management of Meathead Movers has just sent me a PM saying that they moved no one from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara in March and they have absolutely no record of this move or this customer. If he does have a police report, he can scan it and send it to me at diane2134@yahoo.com - otherwise I think we should distrust his report of theft. The company has an "AAA" BBB rating with no complaints over the past 36 months and it recently was selected as "Best Moving Company" by both the local paper in SLO and the largest paper in Ventura County (the Ventura County Star).

In the absence of more evidence, I changed the topic title to neutral wording in case it is picked up by Google.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

rydog444

Re: Meathead Movers

Postby rydog444 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:11 pm

maybe this thread should be moved out of the "Report a scam" forum until further proof, so as not to smear their name.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Diane

Re: Meathead Movers

Postby Diane » Tue May 13, 2008 1:15 pm

No police report has arrived, so I think it's pretty clear that his post was fraudulent.

Return to “Open Community”