**Jones' Moving and Storage in Providence, RI - GREAT SERVICE!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
eyespii

**Jones' Moving and Storage in Providence, RI - GREAT SERVICE!

Postby eyespii » Sat May 24, 2008 6:49 pm

I recently moved a 1-bedroom apartment from Providence, RI to nearby Riverside, RI. I had received a couple of recommendations for a company called "consumers moving", but after calling them I found out that they preferred to service the Warwick area. However, through my research I found out that Jones' Moving was related to Consumers Moving, so I took a shot in the dark and gave the company Jones' Moving a try, and I'm sure glad I did.

They sent 3 movers at $110/hr (jose, manny, and egypt). They showed up on time, had great attitudes, and were very friendly. When my sofa was too big to fit out the door, they even helped to take the door off its hinges, and then put the door back on afterwards. I had packed everything myself beforehand, but they did a fantastic job of keeping everything together and not breaking anything (there was one close call with the entertainment center unit).

All in it took them about 3.5hrs from when they arrived to when they were completely finished, and I couldn't have been more satisfied.

Thumbs up to these guys for making the move as painless as possible.

MusicMom

Re: Jones' Moving and Storage in Providence, RI - GREAT SERVICE!

Postby MusicMom » Sun May 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Thank you for the review, but I'm curious as to what brought you to a website named MovingScam.com to post this?

eyespii

Postby eyespii » Sun May 25, 2008 11:45 pm

MusicMom wrote:Thank you for the review, but I'm curious as to what brought you to a website named MovingScam.com to post this?

I came on this site a few weeks ago looking for a good moving company in the Providence, RI area, and I came up kind of empty. There weren't many positive reviews of RI moving companies, and I just wanted to add my move to the "positive experiences" list is all.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 26, 2008 3:40 pm

OK, thanks!

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Mon May 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Some recent posts invited movers to have their happy customers post on this website following their move. I am assuming a few movers have decided that can be a great opportunity and have asked their customers to come to the website. The tough part now is for the moderators to decide whether the posts are from legitimate customers or movers posing as a customer and tooting their own horns. Not necessarily an easy task but I have seen this group of moderators in action and I think you do a great job of sorting out truth from fiction. I certainly have been fooled by a few that you caught.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 27, 2008 8:22 am

We always ask for out of the blue recommendations,e ven if they appear legit.

somedaycame

Postby somedaycame » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Our experience with Jones was not very good. The company stored our household items (including very expensive antiques) for three years as we sailed around the world. During that time, there were many billing problems, as the office staff had a lot of turnover and was very disorganized. When we returned from our trip and requested our stored goods to be delivered to our new house in Virginia, Mike was unable to move our items despite many promises. We ultimately found our own independent moving company. Unfortunately that moving company did not precisely check off the boxes they received from Jones. We are now missing many items, but have no recurse with either company. Jones also has had a couch of ours for three months and promises every week when I call that they will get it to us soon. They continue to "wait for another truck heading in our direction" to send it to us, rather than pay the $400 shipping cost from a freight company. We have requested they send the couch despite the $400 shipping cost, especially since they have managed to lose so many of our items. However, they continue to vaguely promise they will soon. I don't know how to proceed! My inlaws had also used Jones and watched as the movers broke expensive chairs and a table before their eyes. Jones refused to compensate for the damaged items, just as they are refusing to acknowledge the loss of our goods (high end bedding, lots of kitchenware, a piece of a tv entertainment center.) We didn't even address the damage to our antiques incurred in the warehouse, after hearing of my inlaws' experience. Don't use Jones to store or move your goods!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Why were they unable to move you when you returned?

somedaycame

Postby somedaycame » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 pm

We gave them a month's notice of our closing date, and they were unable to meet the date. Mike told us he was trying and trying, but at the last minute, just couldn't come through. He says all the right things, but has yet to deliver. We are still waiting for our couch, supposed to come this week, but I've been hearing that for two months now.

BillAdams

Postby BillAdams » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 am

Some recent posts invited movers to have their happy customers post on this website following their move. I am assuming a few movers have decided that can be a great opportunity and have asked their customers to come to the website.

I ask those who FOUND us here to come back and give a post-move review. I do not ask any customer who did not find us here to post. It doesn't seem appropriate.
My experience is that very few people will actually take the time to come back and post. These are people who found us here, and had a perfect move. On time, no damage, and paid less than the estimate. They express their gratitude for movingscam, and for having found us here, but getting them to post a review is nearly impossible.
So I do have to wonder how many of these "out-of-the-blue" great reviews are made up?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
-Mark Twain

Diane

Re: **Jones' Moving and Storage in Providence, RI - GREAT SERVICE!

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Also, local and long-distance moves are two different animals. Maybe this company just couldn't handle a long-distance move.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

bma4176

Postby bma4176 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 am

I generally don't bother posting reviews but we had such a profoundly awful experience with Jones that I wanted to let others know, especially after reading this thread.

We had them pick up our stuff in Rhode Island and deliver our things to NY a few days later. From the beginning they were unreliable and unprofessional- after assuring us that we would be first on their schedule, they arrived very late. When we called the central office, Mike answered the phone. He was rude, abrupt and offered no apology or explanation.

The real disaster came later when they were supposed to deliver our stuff to NY. We gave them specific instructions to complete the delivery before 4 pm as per the rules of our new building. We repeatedly made it clear to them that the delivery had to be completed before 4 pm and coordinated with the management of our new building and they assured us that this would be no problem.

They arrived after 4 pm because they had loaded the truck incorrectly- they put our stuff on the inside of the truck so they had to make 2 other deliveries first. This was an enormous hassle because we were out of the country and had someone waiting in the apartment all day, anticipating the delivery. When we found out about this and contacted them we dealt with Mike again. Again, he was discourteous, defensive and entirely unprofessional. We didn't hear a word of apology or explanation from him- instead he spouted off a list of excuses and took no responsibility for the error. He promised that the delivery would be made the next day, first thing in the morning. Again we had someone waiting in the apartment and by 3pm, Jones Moving Company hadn't shown. Multiple phone calls were made throughout the morning and Mike repeatedly told us that they would arrive any minute. They ended up coming at 3:30 pm. To make matters worse, they forgot to bring tools to reassemble 2 of our bed frames so they were left in peices.

Bottom line- I wouldn't recommend this moving company to anyone. They are incompetent, unprofessional and untrustworthy. Moving is always a stressful and tiring experience and the whole point of hiring movers is to alleviate some of the stress. These guys just don't seem to understand that. They are incompetent, unpleasant to deal with and their work and professional conduct doesn't inspire confidence or repeat business. I would not use them again and I regret trusting them with my things. I really encourage people to look elsewhere as Jones Moving Company does really terrible work.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:17 am

It appears that they are a representative for American Redball. I would let that company know since this is where their authority is according to the picture on their website.
The DOT database has them as inactive for their number of interestate for insurance.
You should also fle a complaint at the link below. Include in the complaint the failure to postt their DOT numbers they are operating under on their website as also required by law

Name : JONES' MOVING & STORAGE, INC.
USDOT Number : 50583
MC # : 63117

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address : 59 CENTRAL ST
PROVIDENCE, RI 02907-2201
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (401) 421-0081
Fax : (401) 421-9740

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Not Rated
Review Date :
Most recent Safety Rating Data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Licensing & Insurance Status : Inactive
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 5
Number of Tractors : 0
Number of Trailers : 0

If Amercian Redball states that this was not one of their moves and that the company did it under it's own authority, please file a omplaint using the inactive number above. This would be another violation and would show up under their number since there are not complaints currently under their authority. Remember they cannot haul interstate using their numbers since it is inactive.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Grendelking

Postby Grendelking » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

I had the misfortune of hiring this group of thieves and I regret having done so. Here is a list of things that they stole. Six collectible knives, various gemstones, antique coins, a world/satellite portable radio, $1,000 worth of colognes, all of my kitchen utensils, as well as other things that I'm unaware of. I think that they may have even stolen a few pairs of my unused underwear. They played with my sporting equipment damaging one of my most expensive items. They opened up every little thing that they could possibly get their hands on looking for more money to steal, illegal or prescription drugs, gemstones, and anything else that they could put in their pockets. Whomever decides to hire these scoundrels after reading these reviews (minus mggsoph) will risk losing their property and having their furniture and other belongings broken or damaged. I could go on and on about how unprofessional and downright untrustworthy this group of people are but if these reviews don't convince you then, there is no hope for you or your belongings. Take my advice and hire someone else for your moving day. Jones Moving and Storage is the worst moving company ever. I wouldn't recommend their services, not even to my worst enemy.
:thumbsdown: :x

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

I hope you filed a police report since it sounds like it was obviously theft, and make sure you file a complaint with the FMCSA at protectyourmove.gov
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Return to “Open Community”