Big Foot Moving & Storage....Above & Beyond Expectations!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
troche

Big Foot Moving & Storage....Above & Beyond Expectations!

Postby troche » Wed May 28, 2008 1:46 pm

:D Recently I moved locally w/Big Foot Moving & Storage (based in Arlington MA). Not only did they do a wonderful job but the crew was a pleasure to spend the day with and very professional. So many little things they did were above & beyond my expectations. Not one item was scratched ...and I had a few precious pieces of furniture and large glass items to be moved. My couch would not fit through the doors - they expertly moved it out of the second floor porch larger windows without missing a beat. While moving in to the new place...prior to storing items in the garage I looked out to see one of the crew sweeping the garage for me - thanks Nick! And the icing on the cake was that the dryer hose did not make the trip, and the company President, Mike Bavuso, made a special extra trip to personally help me hook up a new hose - on a Saturday late afternoon to boot - so I could get laundry started. Unbelievable...and definitely "above & beyond" my expectations!!!! Great job & THANK YOU SO MUCH to Mike, Nick, Tyler & Lorenzo of Big Foot Moving & Storage!

JMillerFL

Re: Big Foot Moving & Storage....Above & Beyond Expectations!

Postby JMillerFL » Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Seeing that you are a realtor and knowing what you can do for a mover it doesn;t suprise me that you received top notch service. Not to kcnok this company but realtors can be a movers best friend when it comes to refrences. :wink:

Glad you had a good move.

troche

Re: **Big Foot Moving & Storage....Above & Beyond Expectations!

Postby troche » Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 am

To "JMiller" - Thanks for your reply and you raised a very good point. I was actually referred to Big Foot Moving by one of my clients who had a terrific experieence with their services. I only refer services to my clients that either I experience personally OR that my clients provide positive feedback to me. I chose to post my full name & profession instead of a nickname because I believe one should be willing to provide their full name when endorsing and/or providing references such as these - be it positive or negative. It saddens me that my profession caused an automatic negative assumption.

researchvet

Postby researchvet » Thu May 29, 2008 12:45 pm

troche- I was wondering, who did you deal with in the office in terms of coordinating the move? How did you find that end of the experience?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

troche,

I don't think it was your specific profession as a Realtor that caused a skeptical response from JMillerFL - instead it was the notion that you might have gotten special treatment because of your ability to bring in future business for the company. It would have been the same if I, for example, had posted that the company had done a great job moving me, knowing that I was a moderator for this website. However, as long as you paid for your move at market rates, I certainly consider your review valid.

If you could ask your client to post as well (the one that was originally moved by Big Foot), that would strengthen the case for this company. However, even without that additional information, I think it's pretty clear from prior reviews and other evidence that Big Foot is good. I'll be posting more information about them shortly.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

BillAdams

Postby BillAdams » Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I chose to post my full name & profession instead of a nickname because I believe one should be willing to provide their full name when endorsing and/or providing references such as these

Realtors are a great source of business, and our only investment in this wonderful marketing tool, is to provide great service on all moves.
Their name and reputation rests on it. Thank you.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
-Mark Twain

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Fri May 30, 2008 8:36 am

I am sorry but I fail to see were you posted your full name. I wasn't knocking you or the company you chose to do business with. I was simply stating a fact that is very beneficial for a moving company to be in good with a realtor. As far as my "nickname" I think JMiller is pretty darn close to Jim Miller. I am trying to determine what troche stands for? :?:

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri May 30, 2008 9:11 am

Jim, she did post her full name (I think it was Tamela Roche) along with the name of her realty company but one of the other moderators must have deleted it as inappropriate "advertising." I saw it initially but when I came back to the thread it was gone.

MusicMom

Re: Big Foot Moving & Storage....Above & Beyond Expectations!

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 30, 2008 8:32 pm

It was me, but I did let her know about it. I was worried about spammers and crank callers getting her.

Return to “Open Community”