Moving from Las Vegas to Fairview Oklahoma

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Nera

Moving from Las Vegas to Fairview Oklahoma

Postby Nera » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:17 pm

I have used a local company - Warren's Homework - several times within the city of Las Vegas, and they did a fabulous job. I don't believe they do long distance interstate moves or I would definitely have them move me again. ABF - UPack does not drop off in Fairview, and Broadway Express' site was too cumbersome. What is the standard rate per hour for 2 men and a truck, and does that include fuel/hotel charges if they have to stay overnight somewhere?
Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around.

Rick

Re: Moving from Las Vegas to Fairview Oklahoma

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:35 pm

As a general rule, most legitimate interstate household goods carriers calculate their charges based on the amount of weight you're moving and the distance that your shipment is traveling. Their rates can vary based on the base tariff rate, applied discount level, volume of anticipated business and related surcharges such a fuel and valuation. It's recommended that you obtain at least three in-home estimates from local companies for comparative purposes. Check out the Superlist of local moving companies in Nevada at http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7658#57658 .

The FMCSA's Protect Your Move website has a lot of helpful and pertinent information for those who have never moved interstate before. www.protectyourmove.gov

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Nera,

Warren's Homework is actually licensed to do interstate moves and the BBB lists it as an interstate mover. Even if it doesn't do such moves, why don't you ask the people there who they would recommend for your move. They may know somebody reliable. BE would be economical for you only if you have 5000 pounds or more, since they have a 10-linear-foot minimum that you have to pay for, but I think they would do a good job for you. You could ask Warren's to supply loading labor if you need it.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Nera

Postby Nera » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Diane ~

Thanks for the info! I do have 5000+ pounds, so I will call Warren's and BE, along with the other quotes I have.

Nera

Nera,

Warren's Homework is actually licensed to do interstate moves and the BBB lists it as an interstate mover. Even if it doesn't do such moves, why don't you ask the people there who they would recommend for your move. They may know somebody reliable. BE would be economical for you only if you have 5000 pounds or more, since they have a 10-linear-foot minimum that you have to pay for, but I think they would do a good job for you. You could ask Warren's to supply loading labor if you need it.[/quote]

Nera

Postby Nera » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Rick ~

Thanks for the information!
Nera

As a general rule, most legitimate interstate household goods carriers calculate their charges based on the amount of weight you're moving and the distance that your shipment is traveling. Their rates can vary based on the base tariff rate, applied discount level, volume of anticipated business and related surcharges such a fuel and valuation. It's recommended that you obtain at least three in-home estimates from local companies for comparative purposes. Check out the Superlist of local moving companies in Nevada at http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7658#57658 .

The FMCSA's Protect Your Move website has a lot of helpful and pertinent information for those who have never moved interstate before. www.protectyourmove.gov[/quote]

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Nera - as far as BE goes, they would charge you $1970 for 10 linear feet and each additional foot (holding about 500 pounds) would cost about $200. You can also usually hire the BE driver to help load and unload for around $25-$40/hour.

Nera

Postby Nera » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks for the information, Diane. It makes it easier to make a decision!

Return to “Open Community”