Good experience with Harrington Moving in NJ (National Van Lines)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
NJ to NC

Good experience with Harrington Moving in NJ (National Van Lines)

Postby NJ to NC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:56 pm

We used Harrington Moving & Storage out of Summit, NJ for our move to NC last June/July. I meant to follow-up back then but life got a bit crazy. Overall, our experience with Harrington was excellent. They did everything they had promised, including holding our stuff on their truck for a few extra days at no extra charge (that was agreed upon when we booked them). They arrived on time for packing, loading and delivery and the drivers were professional and pleasant. Our only (minor)complaint was that one or two of the guys who took over the packing/loading toward the end of the day got a bit sloppy; so that several of the first few items that came off the truck were damaged (a couple of relatively inexpensive desks and a printer were completely destroyed; a ceramic top table (should have been wrapped and padded but was not) was pretty severely cracked. The driver at delivery noticed this and said it looked like the front and back of the truck had been loaded by different people. We didn't file a claim until many months later - as I mentioned, things have been crazy - and National Van Lines did reimburse us for the damage (we really only claimed the most significant damage).

This was a company paid move. Harrington gave us a guaranteed not-to-exceed estimate. The actual weight was much lower than the estimate, so the cost came to about $1,500 less than estimated. Had we paid for the move out of our own pockets, I'm sure we would have been thrilled!

Karen

Return to “Open Community”