VA to IN Move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
reba17

VA to IN Move

Postby reba17 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:13 pm

I used JK Movers in VA to move my large one-bedroom apartment from Arlington, VA to Hobart, IN in August of 2007. They were FABULOUS! From the sales-rep who came out to give me an estimate to the driver and packers, everything was more than I could have ever asked for.
Here's why:
1-The sales-rep was much nicer, more real and not as off-putting as the others I had called/worked with. (I got an estimate from JK, United and some other company I can't remember.) The sales-rep knew what he was talking about, made me feel comfortable and answered my questions.
2- The driver was AMAZING. As he was driving out to IN there were tornadoes and flooding on the interstate. He called to let me know my things were just fine--when all I was concerned about was him!
3- The packers, including the driver, were very professional and treated my belongings with care...even my cheap press-board dresser.
4-I had hired Bekins/Anchor Moving, Milwaukee to move me out to VA from WI the year before and they were absolutely HORRIBLE! My stuff stayed in Chicago for a week without anyone telling me, they were four days late and didn't give a darn, and then proceeded to tell me that they won't make a move without a full load--that's why they were late. As if this was my problem! To top it off, there was damage to some of my things when they FINALLY unloaded the truck. NEVER, NEVER USE BEKINS!
5- In light of #4 above, I had low expectations of any mover. JK blew me away. My furniture was blanketed, wrapped, taped and securely packed in the truck. I had NO damage to ANYTHING with this company.
6- JK must have called me at least once a day to check in on me, to make sure I didn't have any questions or concerns; as well as confirm pick-up and drop-off locations and times. Seriously, they called me every day for a week to make sure all was well and on schedule!

So, if you're looking to use a mover in the DC/VA/MD area, I highly, highly suggest using JK. They were a little more expensive, but worth the price. Hands down.

MusicMom

Re: VA to IN Move

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 pm

They were a little more expensive, but worth the price. Hands down.

This is pretty much the consensus from every person who's written a review of JK. Thank you for getting back to us.

Return to “Open Community”