Coral Springs Moving & Storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Bette

Postby Bette » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:40 pm

Has anyone used Coral Springs Moving & Storage? They seem reputable, but I would like to hear from others.

Diane

Re: Coral Springs Moving & Storage

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:53 pm

Bette,

The manager of Coral Springs Moving & Storage in Coral Springs, FL, with website at coralspringsmovers.com (MC #307053; legal name GoBucks, Inc.), Bob Murphy, used to post here on MovingScam.com. The company has been discussed on this board as you'll see if you do a search. No one has used it and come back to report to us. You might want to register for this website so that you can send a PM to Tim Walker, the founder of this website, to see whether he has an opinion.

Its owner is Dan Margolis, and Bob came on the messageboard to explain that Dan is an alumnus of Ohio State, which is the reason for the Go Bucks name. Note that this is not the same company as the scammer "Coral Van Lines."

There are some red flags such as the fact that the company advertises on www.123movers.com, a website that funnels victims to scammers, and it has coupons on its website. However, I don't see anything horrible on www.safersys.org. I think you could reasonably get a quote from it but would urge you to also get quotes from one or two others.

bob m

Postby bob m » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:08 pm

Diane, I am still here at Coral Springs Moving, I just don't have the time to follow the forum. As far as my assocaition with 123movers.com goes, yes I do subscribe to their site for leads, but does not mean that I am associated in any way with the scam movers out there. As an Independent moving company I need a reliable source of leads to get my trucks back in Florida with tonnage on them. I do not believe that you have come across any negative post on us here. We sell service and we stand behind it.
Bob Murphy
Operations Manager

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:29 pm

Hi, Bob - I would suggest that you take the coupons off your website and also try to find someplace other than 123movers.com for leads, because you are in very bad company. I think there may be more reputable websites out there. You are correct that we haven't had any complaints about your independent moving company, and I wish you the best.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:50 pm

I do not believe that you have come across any negative post on us here

You sure about that Bob?
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

bob m

Postby bob m » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:57 pm

Tyrone, I'm pretty sure, but if I am mistaken, please point them out to me.
bob m

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:01 pm

I searched and couldn't find anything negative . . . OR positive. :wink: Maybe Bette will use Coral Springs and post a review--that would be good.

Bob, since you're here, please take a look at this thread and post your opinion of the companies that the poster is considering:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1655

Thanks.

bob m

Postby bob m » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:35 pm

Diane, I do not know of those companies, I have not seen there trucks or come up agaisnt them on any estimates. I would venture to say that they are not reliable or legitamate movers.
Bob Murphy

JM

Postby JM » Thu May 05, 2005 2:18 am

Be aware that Bob Murphy has a hard time retuning calls and the company he works for is not as reputible as they may seem, I'm currently questioning their business practices as I write this... I don't want to cast judgement prematurely until I have ALL the facts... I can clearly say they have a problem returning calls when being questioned about items missing and storage contents.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 05, 2005 8:15 am

Can you give some more details about your moving situation?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu May 05, 2005 8:47 am

First let me say that Bob Murphy has been very helpful to me in terms of giving me advice (in Private Messages) about the moving industry. I have no reason to believe that he is anything but honest.

However, there are two pieces of evidence that should perhaps be looked at.

1. Someone who ended up going with Broadway Express was unhappy with Coral Springs because he felt that the company had misled him about how his move was going to be handled - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3741

2. Someone who asked to be anonymous told me this in a Private Message on April 23 (I have altered the details to protect the person's identity but the basic message is accurately represented):
I did not want to post about Coral Springs, because I did not want it to appear that I was slandering them in any way. But here's what happened - I had an estimate from them at the height of the moving season for $1800. I sold a third of my stuff but when I called them in three months later for a new estimate, they raised their price by several hundred dollars! I did not understand this, since 1/3 of my stuff was gone, and the moving season was almost over! When I brought this up to the person who had called me, he said that he would call me back, and he never did.

So I would say that people should be "cautious" when dealing with them, but I do not think they are crooked. Anyway, thanks for checking in with me.

There is a difference between intentional scamming and poor service quality related to financial difficulties, and I have a feeling that the latter is what we may be seeing with Coral Springs.

stefano

Postby stefano » Mon May 09, 2005 9:57 pm

No, CSM is definitely not reputable. In fact, they would avoid answering questions by telling me that all contact had to be in writing and that they would not take my phone calls. I have paid them a good chunk of money. They have held my things since 2002 and will not admit they were sending me “Notices of Public Sale” which stated that my past due balances which had to be paid to prevent auction were about $1000 higher than what I really owed. Several months before, I paid my balance down to near 0 and mysteriously the next month I received a bill for eight hundred and something dollars- no explanation to why there were new charges. hmm

I have now been back and forth with their attorney for 6 months which has gotten me nowhere- in fact, I have been waiting 3 weeks since she said she would give me a call to discuss my most recent correspondence

Most people would have just said adios to their things and moved on-

Not me! Especially after one of the last faxes I received from Bob Murphy stated that he did not know if I was "ignorant or just plain dumb"
Bob must consider people dumb who are not willing to accept his random arbitrary charges that he tacks on to their bill. My minor in college was accounting and I graduated summa cum laude, and I have Bob Murphy telling me I’m ignorant and dumb- go figure. If I wasn’t so busy trying to run an office, Im sure I would have things sorted out already. Maybe by 2008 I will have this sorted out.. grr ;P

I'd be more than happy to email you my bills from CSM, Diane…. so you can see for yourself how they have been demanding inflated amounts from me. This post doesn’t touch upon 90% of the problems I have had with CSM, and I apologize for throwing out some random bits of my dealings with them. Once I have time to sit down for an hour or two, I will write everything from the moment when I signed the bill of lading only to find out that the gentleman from CSM couldn’t read and had to ask me where put his signature(after my things were already loaded and I had to fly out the next day!) Ugh.

Thanks again Bob!

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 09, 2005 10:29 pm

I tend to believe you but am very disappointed. When you have time, please do write the whole story from start to finish.

Return to “Open Community”