Review: Broadway Express, Clinton Moving & Packaging, Beltway Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MusicMom

Review: Broadway Express, Clinton Moving & Packaging, Beltway Movers

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 am

The temporary job that took us to New York ended, so we've come back to the DC area. We hired loaders on both ends, and it all turned out very well.

We reserved 15 feet on the BE truck. Tommy Olinger was our driver, he had a 53' trailer and a long tractor, but maneuvered it easily down our driveway. Clinton Moving & Packaging (previously a Global agent, now they're Stevens) sent over 3 guys, then added a 4th given it was 2:30 when they arrived. We'd used them to unload our BE truck when we moved up there, then again for a local move. It went smoothly, they worked tirelessly and with good spirits. The older man who stayed on the truck to pack the towers did an absolutely AMAZING job, there was not a speck of unused space available, and it all was packed into 13 linear feet. They were fun to talk to as they worked.

We drove partway that night, then the rest of the way on Tuesday. So did Tommy. We arranged to meet at our storage unit at 8 am on Wednesday, and he was there by 7:30. A three-man crew from Beltway Movers joined us at 8, and had the truck unloaded in 3 hours. We moved 95% of our stuff into the ground floor unit and the rest into a Uhaul to go back to our temporary house, and while we both helped the guys a bit, we mostly stood back and directed boxes to either storage or the UHaul. Most boxes had been marked as to their destination, but as we got down to zero-hour, some weren't marked as well.

I'm very happy to have gotten such good results from all three companies, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone who asks. When we find our permanent house in the next few months, I'll probably call Beltway Movers again for the local move.

And I hope this is the last time we have to move for a good long time!

MusicMom

Re: Review: Broadway Express, Clinton Moving & Packaging, Beltway Move

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 am

NOTE: When moving temporarily into a storage unit, pick one on the ground floor even though they will cost more. The time wasted on elevator rides will cost you move in labor than the higher price for the ground floor unit. i guess if you're storing long term this doesn't apply.

rydog444

Re: Review: Broadway Express, Clinton Moving & Packaging, Beltway Move

Postby rydog444 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 pm

MM, for pete's sake, could you at least please update your location! Gee whiz! J/K, glad your move went well. Was there any damage at all?
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

MusicMom

Re: **Review: Broadway Express, Clinton Moving & Packaging, Beltway Mo

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Yes, SIR! I'll do that right now. Nodamage. We packed the boxes tightly with lots of padding of nwsprint and hundreds of plastic bages, most of the boxes were the same size for easy stacking, and the loaders filled every inch of space so there was no shifting.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Now WHY would I want to do that???

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Trust me, if I had access to The Shrub's ass there'd be some contact other than kissing going on.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh, I could jump in here and cause the same havoc I caused at that other site, but they hate me over there, so it didn't work. When you move a little further South, I'll introduce you to pickled pigs feet, chitlins, pork barbeque and fried green tomatoes. Lots of people are moving South, we hold no grudges regarding that unpleasantness known as the War of Northern Agression.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 pm

I didn't want to overload her on the first day.....In most of this country, they don't even know what you are talking about, when you order Georgia Ice Cream ( grits) G.R.I.T.S. also stands for Girls raised in the south. If God made anything better, he kept it for himself. Southern girls will make a bulldog break his chain, and a freight train take a dirt road.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:06 am

Grits are also known as Georgia Ice Cream? I've never heard of that!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:24 am

Archie, I'm back in the town I grew up in. I'm familiar with those things, to a point. Northern Virginia is the "snobby part", they do not like to think of themselves as the same as the rest of Virginia, even try to avoid getting "the accent". I got some of it because I have conenctions to western VA and WV.

However, I do not like North Carolina barbecue. It's gotta be tomato-based, sweet, and smoky, cooked over charcoal.

Return to “Open Community”