**Stevens International / Alpha International

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Amara

**Stevens International / Alpha International

Postby Amara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi all. Due to the recommendation of this site, I hired Stevens International to move me from Italy to San Francisco. They gave me a good price, responded quickly, and all seemed well.

They subcontracted out to Alpha International to pickup my stuff in Italy. They arrived on time, seemed to pack everything pretty well, and left.

Right after they left I went into the bathroom and - I kid you not - FOUND THE BATHROOM COVERED WITH URINE. One of the guys went in and must have missed the toilet entirely, splattering the seat and leaving a sizeable *puddle* on the floor. A couple of drops would have grossed me out anyway, but a PUDDLE on the seat and the floor of steaming yellow reeking urine is more than I can handle.

I contacted Stevens with a "wtf!" email and all they've said is they'll contact Alpha International. I'm a little concerned now, because they have all my things and companies in Naples (like Alpha) are infamous for damaging things in retribution to people who complain about their services. Italian locals actually advised me it's better to keep my mouth shut, clean it up, and deal with it?? AUGH!

Anyway, this just happened today so I'm not sure yet how this reflects on Stevens (other than the fact that they obviously use icky subcontractors for international shipments) but AVOID Alpha unless you want them to leave a nice steaming biohazard area in your bathroom!!!!! How disgusting, my god!!!

ArchieWhite

Re: Stevens International / Alpha International

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:37 pm

I've heard worse......but barely......Come one now, do you think the entire Stevens organization should be held responsible for one Italian moving guy with bad aim? I'm sure they keep employee performance rcords in Italy, if this should be a regular occurence, they will discipline him. Perhaps in Italy they respond poorly to low tips? I dunno, this is crazy.

Wait for your delivery to see if you got a good move.....if its on time, under budget, and a minimum of damage, that's what most people use for final decisions on what type of service they received.

Noone

Re: **Stevens International / Alpha International

Postby Noone » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 pm

I agree with Archie on this one. It is certainly not acceptable behavior if intentional, but it could also have been a mistake. In any event, it isn't something to condemn an entire company on - and you did the right thing by complaining.
I doubt that Alpha would risk their reputation over something like this. Stevens and they obviously have a good relationship or Steven's wouldn't have chosen them.
In the end, come back and tell us how the move went overall.

Amara

Postby Amara » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 am

No I'm not blaming Stevens, but yeah I'm a little questionable about Alpha now. I mean bad aim is one thing, just peeing all over my bathroom, somehow not noticing, and leaving it there is pretty gross. I don't think it was intentional, I just think it says something about the kind of people they hire. Alpha, not Stevens.

40 bucks in cash also disappeared out of a jar in my dresser but I can't prove that, of course.

My opinion of Stevens so far is decent because they've been fast to respond with everything since the get go, but of course my opinion is reserved until I get my things. I will definitely update.

Amara

Re: Stevens International / Alpha International

Postby Amara » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 am

ArchieWhite wrote:Perhaps in Italy they respond poorly to low tips?

There is no tipping in Italy outside of tourist areas.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 am

Do Italians hate americans? ( I'm assuming you are an American, returning home?) Most of the world hates us, I would guess that might be a possibility.

notmeyer

Postby notmeyer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:02 pm

I couldn't find my old login info, so I'm here under Notmeyer now (but I was Amara before). Stevens International DESTROYED my move, and won't pay for it.

The new thread is here:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=118831

Return to “International Moves”