*AAA* Rating for Hick's Moving and Storage in Dryden, NY!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
DreamWeavers

*AAA* Rating for Hick's Moving and Storage in Dryden, NY!

Postby DreamWeavers » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:07 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I Have to let you all know that Hick's Moving and Storage made my Mom's move from Bath, NY to Upper Michigan an experience that I would wish on any one of you having to make a long distance (or local) move. We did a walk through estimate on Tuesday and loaded up on Sunday. The movers arrived in Marquette, MI by 7:30 p.m. Monday night and did not take breaks or stop to eat until each item was placed in the spot indicated on the diagram I provided them with. (I even gave them a photo of their contact gal who met them, supervised the unloading and placement and paid them (with a well deserved $100 authorized bonus for each of the guys (2) because they did such a phenominal (sp?) job!) The first estimate was for 5,000 lbs, @ $3,800 for 887 miles.

They called and let us know that they would be 45 minutes late. They arrived at the projected time. Spent more than adequete time prepping the furniture and kept working all the time. We first did a walk through to look for dings and nicks and list them on the inventory that they signed for me. I signed it as well acknowledging the minor damages already present on the items. I will fax them a copy for their files. Then, after loading up (1 bedroom apartment approx. 2,300 lbs) they had no problems having hubby go and watch the weigh in.

After calling the weight in to the office, we received a call from the mover tell us that the final cost would be $2,255.47!! We were very happy...to say the least. I called my friend and gave her their price. She called me late Monday night and told me that the movers also called her and gave her the same amount and said they would call when they were about an hour out of Marquette. They did that, arrived, unloaded, placed everything as requested and again did not take breaks to eat or anything. After they were done, my friend surprised them with the bonus (which we could afford only because the estimate was so much lower than the original estimate). They asked where they could eat before heading back to New York because they had to do a pack up for someone shipping to Germany by the 9th or 10th.

So....HICKS MOVING AND STORAGE (WHO SHOWED UP IN THEIR OWN TRUCK) GET HIGHER THAN A **AAA*** RATING FROM US!!

THANKS TO THIS SITE FOR ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION THAT ALLOWED ME TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION AT A VERY STRESSFUL TIME!

HAPPY TRAILS AND SWEET DREAMS TO EACH OF YOU!

:O)

MusicMom

Re: *AAA* Rating for Hick's Moving and Storage in Dryden, NY!

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks for letting us know how the move went. I remember your initial inquiry.

Big Dog

Re: *AAA* Rating for Hick's Moving and Storage in Dryden, NY!

Postby Big Dog » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Don't hear too many people moving to the "UP" Marquette, MI. My daughter went to school there, Northern Michignan University & positivly loved it there. My wife & I also enjoyed our times there when we visited her. It's just that the winters are brutal!! Good luck to your mom. 8)

Diane

Re: **AAA* Rating for Hick's Moving and Storage in Dryden, NY!

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm glad that the website helped you, and thanks for this excellent review.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”