Thanks for the great info on this site.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
agnipani

Thanks for the great info on this site.

Postby agnipani » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 pm

We recently moved from NJ to Illinois and thanks to all the tips and advice on this site we had a really smooth move. We were about to sign on a mover from philly, but fortunately came across this site before we did so (and found out that the mover was on the black list.). I thought i'd come back and share my exprerince.
We got quotes from Central and Borhen's, and both sent across some one to our place to do an onsite evalution. Here i must mention Keith from Central who really put us at ease. We decided to go with Central as they offered discounted storage and since we didnt have an apartment at our destination we needed storage but we didnt know for how long.
On the day of the move, the men from central arrived on time and were out of the house in 1 hour (we didnt have too much stuff, much less than the 2000 lb limit but decided not to go with self moves). I thought it would have taken the whole day but they were effiecient and really knew what they were doing. But when we got our stuff delivered, the driver didnt bring additional help with him and my husband had to help bring the stuff up. I was a kind of miffed especially since they were so good with the packing. :shock:
We used DAS to ship the car and opted for Drop off at Linden and had the car delivered to us in IL. The car arrived in less than a week, much to our suprise and delight.
Overall the experience was good and nothing was broken or missing or delayed. Thanks once again to everyone on this site for making our move a pleasure instead of a nightmare. :D

Return to “Open Community”