I moved from Orange County California to Augusta Georgia

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jeanie245

I moved from Orange County California to Augusta Georgia

Postby jeanie245 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 pm

:D :D
I read the reviews on this website before i moved and I finally settled on moving with North American Van Lines, with a moving and hauling company called Alex Moving and Storage in Santa Ana. It worked out so well and smooth. THey estimated 3500 lbs and gave me a guaranteed price which was $400 to $900 less than the other moving companies. My total weight was 3160 lbs. The movers came on time in mid July , 2008, and took 7 days to get from Orange County to Augusta, Georgia. They were polite, easy to work with and very careful. Yes, they spoke spanish but one of them was fluent also in English. Not one thing was broken, missiing or scratched. I was very happy. This is my first interstate move. They did put a colored small control number label on each box and piece of furniture, but I also labeled every box with my own computer labels which had my name and address. Anyway, I was very pleased with the sales person who came to my apartment, and the 2 movers who moved me from start to finish. Good luck to everyone who moves. It is good to read the reviews on this site and to be very well informed before moving.

jeanie245 :D
jeanie245

Diane

Re: I moved from Orange County California to Augusta Georgia

Postby Diane » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm glad the website helped you - I've heard from people in the industry that Alex had a few "hiccups" in recent years when the owner was in Mexico, but now that he is back, things are going much better. I'll add your good review to the Superlist linked to under my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”