Boston Quality Movers- anyone else having problems with this company?

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Boston_DFW

Boston Quality Movers- anyone else having problems with this company?

Postby Boston_DFW » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:02 am

It has been 34 days since Boston Quality Movers picked up our furniture and belongings in Boston. We were told in the initial estimate that it takes an average of 7-10 days for delivery from Boston to Texas. After 20 days of telling us that "we don't know where the truck is. we have to call the dispatcher then call you back." We finally confronted them and they confessed to storing all our things in Boston. For the last 14 days, they have been telling us that a truck will come and pick up our things for delivery every 2 days that we call.

Is anyone else looking through this forum having this problem? We were told that we were not the only move that was delayed in Boston.

Our things are still sitting in storage in Boston since June when they picked it up 34 days ago- does anyone have any advice about what we should be doing? Should we be filing a BBB report or a police report? I am also afraid of retaliation and that we may never see our things. Has this happened to people?

consumer advocate

Re: Boston Quality Movers- anyone else having problems with this company?

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:35 am

You can start by filing a complaint with the FMCSA (part of the DOT) at this website: http://www.protectyourmove.gov/

Moving companies have 30 days to deliver your goods so they've gone beyond that. You could also file a complaint with the BBB but I think the above website will be most important.

They have only three trucks and three drivers so they may have over-extended themselves in a busy moving season and they're just using delay tactics. They have a few DOT complaints on file and some BBB complaints but I wouldn't call them a scammer. At this point, they're just giving you poor service. There have been cases of retaliation but I think they're probably most interested in bringing you your stuff and collecting their money.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:07 am

From the Superlist linked to below my name:
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

summerpolice

Postby summerpolice » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 am

You should be happy considering my case
MY move has gone to 43 days now. 43 freaking days . Even still now i dont have a clue. They gave me 2 weeks back as the delivery date . then they said last week .
Now they say tthis week as the delivery date.

I havent raised a complaint yet .I think this thursday will mark the end of my patience.
What protectyourmove will do if we raise a complaint . I think after this week i will move on .I think 2 months is more than enough to move things from one place to another

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 am

Both of you need to contact Move Rescue at www.moverescue.com immediately to see if they can help you.

Return to “Report A Scam”