Great move experience with Griffin (Allied) in FL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
babs

Great move experience with Griffin (Allied) in FL

Postby babs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Just wanted to pass on a good word about my recent move from FLA to CT. Went with Allied, Griffin Moving in Ft. Lauderdale. Joe my relocation agent was extremely helpful. Joe the mover and his gang from Whalen Moving (out of NJ) loaded up our 4bdroom home in record time. Our things went right to a self storage which Joe the mover helped me with the size when we arrived at the storage facility. Unloaded and packed the units and did a great job. I couldn't have been happier. Joe the mover is a great guy and I wish him a happy retirement.
I would definetly recommend Allied Whalen Moving out of NJ and Griffin out of Ft. Lauderdale to anyone.

Babs

smatwilly

Re: **Great move experience

Postby smatwilly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Yeah! Way to go big orange!! :D

r.tennison

Re: **Great move experience

Postby r.tennison » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Although I absolutely despise Florida, my truck stops running at the stateline, I will say Griffin is one of the few shining stars in Allied's agency system there. Never had a bad estimate, once i talked myself into going there that is.

Diane

Re: Great move experience with Griffin (Allied) in FL

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm confused because as far as I know there is no Whalen's in NJ. There is one in NY:

Whalen's Moving & Storage Co. LLC
39 Kiscona Rd
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
(914) 241-2799

If the original poster sees this, could you have been wrong about where the driver was from?

I would just like to give credit where due.

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Thats alright RT we don't like you people from Nevada anyways. :wink:

I am starting to feel like it is not Florida more than Florida Rico. :lol:

r.tennison

Postby r.tennison » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Thats great, besides, you can never tell where Little Havana begins or ends anyway.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 pm

You should move up here, JMiller. We're considered Florida but are more like the South. No Little Havana here!

aubie2

Postby aubie2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 am

farrah7031 wrote:You should move up here, JMiller. We're considered Florida but are more like the South. No Little Havana here!

Actually there is a town about 20 miles North of Tallahassee named Havana. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

JMillerFL

Postby JMillerFL » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 am

I will stay put here in UCF country. I don't want to be around the Garnet & Gold. :thumbsdown:

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:53 am

I heard the library at FSU burned down before the football players had a chance to color all the books?

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:06 am

Archie, have a little class! Don't make fun of the CrimiNOLES!
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 am

Free Shoes University? haha, yeah, thats what the SEC/ACC football has evolved into these days, UGA has a player arrested every 2-3 days, they all do. I would hate to know that my career as a coach depended on some of these guys, they get in trouble over and over again, and never learn.
Last edited by ArchieWhite on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

promover2

Postby promover2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 am

babs wrote:Joe the mover is a great guy and I wish him a happy retirement.
Babs

Another driver retires. Good luck Joe.

I wonder when the tipping point will occur where the amount of retirees and drivers leaving the industry prematurely will materially affect the amount of trucks on the road. Some will argue it already has. It's not necessarily a bad thing for the agents, maybe the pricing will go back to normal levels. There seems to have been too many trucks for the amount of tonnage in recent years. However, this will affect the consumers as they will pay more.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 am

Pro, moving fees, like fuel, are never going to get back to any kind of reasonable level. As long as COD customers get 7-8 quotes, and national accounts/3rd party relo's dictate what they will pay, not what the movers rates are, it will continue to be a survival of the fittest. The govt/military biz is being teed up for a fall too, one of these days GAO is going to find out that they are paying too much, and the teeter totter will come crashing down.

r.tennison

Postby r.tennison » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:48 am

Archie, the GAO is already figuring this out. But it is not for the regular government moves, its for the militaries. Our bases are high rates at three of them and extremely low rates at two.Now, they want this family first bull to go on and put the GBL on a civilian tariff with full value replacement, and all the headaches and requirements as the regular military move.

Return to “Open Community”