A-1 Freeman

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
SofaKing

A-1 Freeman

Postby SofaKing » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Greetings,
My wife and I are moving from the Dallas area to Istanbul, Turkey. I almost went with an "unnamed" alleged scam company for our move, until I found this site. The short list of recommended international movers listed here eventually steered us to Sterling International. Although we just had our stuff picked up today and I cannot vouch for our full relocation experience, we were extremely pleased with the level of service we received from their ground agent, A-1 Freeman in Dallas. The movers were very careful with the few items that needed to be packed. Most of it was packed by us with the exception of delicate items and my guitars and gear. Sterling and Freeman were great for letting us pack our own things, as long as they could do their own inventory. This made us feel much more comfortable, but seeing them handle my guitars with care made me confident they would be excellent at packing anything.
I am a TV professional by trade and plan to document my travels in Turkey. I had planned to document my moving experience anyway, but the tour I received of Freeman's facility today was so good that I thought I'd go ahead and share it with the forum. The forum was instrumental in our family (hopefully) having a smooth move.
I have uploaded a video of my tour of A-1 Freeman's warehouse today and would like to share the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arEnuicDnQY
It explains the process from your house to the people who pack it into what are called "lift-vans" (I'd never heard the term) and ship it to your designated shipping agent. The guys there seemed just as careful with stuff as the guys who came to my house. As long as everything else goes as smoothly, we'll be happy movers.
I will update when we get to Istanbul.
Thanks again, movingscam.com
-Jason in Dallas

Diane

Re: A-1 Freeman

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Thanks for this review, and for the video. I added both to the Superlist under Texas. I assume that Freeman also did the inventory estimate (?).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

SofaKing

Postby SofaKing » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Diane wrote:Thanks for this review, and for the video. I added both to the Superlist under Texas. I assume that Freeman also did the inventory estimate (?).

Freeman is doing the weight and cu ft estimate, as well as verifying the contents of our inventory list. The dollar amount comes from Sterling.

Is that what you were asking?

alinichols

Postby alinichols » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:05 pm

While I have not used A-1 Freeman, North American has moved me 3 times this year and I have used the same rep. The delivery team has been great in getting me loaded and unloaded. North American also has a neat movers' guide with information about schools and communities in your new area.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 pm

ali, which Allied offices did you use?

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 am

Just a note that "alinichols" is posting from Fort Wayne, Indiana, which coincidentally is where NAVL is headquartered.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 pm

AliNichols also posted, from the same computer, under the name CarStewart7 to advertise for Allied.

Backdoor advertisements are not allowed, whether the mover is good or bad.

Return to “International Moves”