Daryl Flood Dallas - Happy Move (Dallas to Austin TX)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sarradee

Daryl Flood Dallas - Happy Move (Dallas to Austin TX)

Postby sarradee » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:21 pm

I contacted several of the recommended companies on the Superlist, and Daryl Flood was actually the only one that got back to me. They contacted me promptly, send a gentleman named Phil out to appraise our stuff and give us a binding quote.

The quote included them doing a majority of the packing and loading and unloading. My husband's company had given us a relocation bonus which covered the costs so we were satisfied with the price. It came out to be around $3000. I was able to pay for it on American Express, affording us just that little bit more protection.

The moving coordinator contacted me several times both before, the day of, and in the days after the move to make sure I was completely satisfied.

We were originally told that they'd pack up on Monday, move us on Tuesday and deliver somewhere between Wed and Friday of the upcoming week. The actual movers called us and asked if it would be ok if they packed and moved us on Monday and delivered us on Tuesday. We said sure, no problem. The coordinator called to make sure that this was really ok with us. We were delighted to have our things that much earlier and assured her that we weren't put out at all.

The driver and his two helpers packed everything very well, loaded it carefully and arrived promptly at the time they said they would be there. On Tuesday they called us and said they were outside our new place a few minutes early, and we had to tell them that we were on our way.

Our stuff was unloaded carefully, put where we asked it to be put, and they even helped us move the old refrigerator that came with the place out into the garage so we could put our nicer one into the kitchen.

The movers were friendly, careful with our things, and took care not to let our cats out of the closet we had them confined them in. We were very satisfied with our Darryl Flood experience and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

r.tennison

Re: Darryl Flood Dallas - Happy Move (Dallas to Austin TX)

Postby r.tennison » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Cats in the closet? If only some customers would do that, the move day would not turn into a cat yowling carnival when they get stepped on.

Techsan93

Postby Techsan93 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Sarradee, I am glad you had a great moving experience with Daryl Flood! Thank you for posting. I'll be sure to pass along "kudos" to the staff! 8)

Best of luck to you and your husband in Austin! :D

Techsan93

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Fantastic!! Daryl Flood is a great organization. I'm glad your relocation went so smoothly. Thanks for posting your experience with them. I'm sure Diane or Farrah will be posting this review on the super list for the Dallas office.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Return to “Open Community”