SUPER MOVERS LIES to get you to Sign their Contract! DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
concerned_citizen

SUPER MOVERS LIES to get you to Sign their Contract! DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Postby concerned_citizen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:57 am

Let me begin by saying, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUPER MOVERS BASED OUT OF SAN FRANCISCO CA. THEY LIE IN ORDER TO GET YOU TO SIGN THEIR CONTRACT! BEWARE OF SUPER MOVERS! Also called ISAACS RELOCATION http://isaacssf.com/
I recently had the displeasure of having my move handled by Super Movers. I was told by the sales associate that they were NOT brokers - First Lie. They are indeed brokers. I originally had my contract worked out for 5000 lbs. Jim Or and Sharon talked me into signing a 6000 lb contract on the Company's guarantee that each shipment was loaded and brought directly to a weigh station to be weighed before anything else was added. At this time the actual weight would be determined and deductions would follow for every pound under 6000. Second Lie. They do NOT weigh the shipments. The mover who came to load the truck told me that I would be paying a FLAT RATE based on CUBIC FEET for not 5000 or 6000 lbs, but 7000lbs! He walked around my house on moving day and visually estimated an additional 2000 lbs!!!!! I had no time to do anything or check anything because all of this happened as they were loading my belongings. After my things were delivered I discovered several things that were broken and contacted them regarding these items AND the Bill. I emailed on 8-7, received a call from Super Movers on the 8th telling me someone would be in touch after the weekend. I have resent my email every day since 8-9 AND I've called them. Today is the 20th and I just now got a call this afternoon. A call in response to my email that let them know I was fed up and I would be reporting them to the BBB, rip off report and the American Moving Association. Yair Levi was the rep who called me. He was anything but helpful -big surprise. He was rude and accusatory, snapping that they had contacted me but I must not have checked my bulk email. LIE! I check ALL of my mail every day. He said they called. Another LIE! I have caller ID and an answering machine. Super Movers was on the ID for 8-8 only and no voice messages were left for me to respond to after that. I am working on getting a full refund from Super Movers. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU AND MISLEAD YOU INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUPER MOVERS BASED OUT OF SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA! http://www.super-movers.org
Last edited by concerned_citizen on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MusicMom

Re: SUPER MOVERS LIES to get you to Sign their Contract! DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 am

Wait, I see two licenses for this company (also called Shack Moving) in South San Francisco, one is a brokerage and the other is a licensed carrier. Since you don't say who has your things, I'm assuming it's the carrier end of the long-standing company, and it's all still in-house.

The website's registered to Sharon Mashtata in Israel.

concerned_citizen

Postby concerned_citizen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 am

Supermovers http://www.super-movers.org is also known as Shack Moving and Isaac's Relocation http://www.isaacssf.com/ I have reported them to the BBB, CPUC and FMCSA to name a few. SuperMovers is trying to tell me that, and I quote, ""a visual estimate can be based on whatever is mutually acceptable ". WHAT?!?!?:!: I decided I needed to copy them on what the FMCSA says about this which is "NON-BINDING estimates are not guaranteed. Final costs are based on the actual weight of the shipment". I reminded her my things were NEVER weighed once they were loaded. As well, a non binding estimate also states that the movers cannot charge more than the cost of the estimate plus 10%. Well again, I was way overcharged. This amount would have come to $4824.10. I paid over $5000! I am going to keep pursuing a refund. I will keep this updated to let you all know if it works and how it worked!

concerned_citizen

Postby concerned_citizen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 am

Music Mom- Do you know what this might mean? You said that The website's registered to Sharon Mashtata in Israel. This seems sketchy.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 pm

It might mean that Mashtata is their technical person who happens to live in Israel while all physical operations happen stateside, or it might mean that some of their operations take place in IL. I don't know.

Return to “Report A Scam”