Found reliable unloading/loading help in DC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cbreeze

Found reliable unloading/loading help in DC

Postby cbreeze » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:07 pm

My daughter needed only one hour of loading help from a storage onto a Budget truck. Emove has a minimum of two hours so I looked at craigslist and made contacts with several people. One of them was Capitol Family Movers. Jackie was the contact person who responded to my numerous emails and phone calls promptly. She gladly gave references when asked.
Today they showed up on time, loaded my daughter's furniture in one hour, and were very efficient. They charged $25 per person per hour, no travel charges and no minimum hours.
I know how hard it is to find reliable help, especially with a small move and craigslist , unlike emove with users' ratings, can be fraught with scams so I can recommend Capitol Family Movers, their ads are in DC craigslist and their phone number is 202-903-6650.
Last edited by cbreeze on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cbreeze

Re: **Found reliable unloading/loading help in DC

Postby cbreeze » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake, what was I thinking? Of course, it was NOT a U haul truck, it was a Budget truck. My daughter said the inside of the truck looked brand new ( it was that clean) but the truck had 80,000 miles on it. She also rented a Budget truck last year per movingscam's suggestion. I edited the above post to correct the typo.

MusicMom

Re: **Found reliable unloading/loading help in DC

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Guys like this can do great jobs and be very nice people. it's important to realize that guys like these are not insured, so if one of them is injured on the job, legally you're the employer and are liable for their medical bills.

It's a gamble one has to weigh.

Return to “Open Community”