Apple Moving in Austin, TX...very satisfied

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
palmtreefreak

Apple Moving in Austin, TX...very satisfied

Postby palmtreefreak » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:28 pm

A few weeks ago I posted about my unsavory experience with a scam mover. When I told him of my trouble, my landlord put me in contact with Apple Moving, and they were amazing, start to finish. I credit Apple Moving in Austin, TX for helping me salvage what was left of my move.

When I first talked to Apple Moving, I told Jon of my predicament with the other movers. I told him of my fear that the other movers would try to get more money out of me by overestimating the shuttle charge. He offered to have the other movers offload at his facility, and then his guys would make the actual delivery to my apartment. What's more...he honored the $95/hour rate that the other movers had quoted me for the shuttle charge, even though Apple Moving's hourly rate was higher. That was really going above and beyond, in my opinion.

I arranged for the other movers offload at the Apple Moving facility, with Apple Moving taking it the rest of the way. Steven from Apple Moving helped me check everything in and noted the boxes that were missing. It was great to have someone there that was so organized and knowledgeable. Instead of the chaos I expected upon delivery, everything went very smoothly. Oh, and the best part...I didn't have to pay the old movers a single cent more than I had already agreed to pay them.

My delivery date was scheduled for Friday. They were able to give me a delivery time near the end of the day, which was great because I had to be at work most of the afternoon. I got a phone call when they were leaving the warehouse, and they delivered right on time.

When the truck showed up, it took some maneuvering to get it into my apartment complex (my complex is older, rather small and hilly). I had made them aware of the size of my complex and they brought one of their smaller vehicles. Still, I was very impressed that they were able to back the truck in so efficiently.

The unloading took just under two hours with two guys. I was impressed by the professionalism and the extreme care they took in handling all my items. They arranged my boxes so that the things I needed first were the most accessible. They put my furniture where I wanted, and even helped me rearrange things a bit to make getting around a little easier. As I was moving from a larger apartment, I was quite impressed that everything fit in so well!

Overall, I was greatly impressed. I had such a bad experience at the beginning of this ordeal that I didn't think anything good could come of it. I was wrong. I'm happy to report that there are some good, honest people still out there. I'll definitely be calling Apple Moving the next time I'm moving in Texas.

http://www.applemoving.com/

eney

Re: Apple Moving in Austin, TX...very satisfied

Postby eney » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 pm

so do you mind sharing what the scam company was called? I'm about to move and I'm getting kind of worried! Thanks!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 am

eney

Postby eney » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:05 am

wow, thanks...this stuff is so nerve racking!

Return to “Open Community”