STAY AWAY FROM JET LINES MOVING & STORAGE!!!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
LS16spd

STAY AWAY FROM JET LINES MOVING & STORAGE!!!

Postby LS16spd » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Im having to Hire an attorney!! Mandy at Jet Lines conned me into using their services. I signed up, had my stuff loaded, and relocated. I have been on the east coast since before Xmas. Mandy has promised me several times to call both my brother and myself to let us know when the truck will arrive. She has not held up 1 single promise. She wants to charge me an additional $600+ for extras including 6 rolls of shrinkwrap, which she cannot explain, boxing some shelves I supposedly own, which I do not, and claims my weight was 600 lbs over estimate, but despite my pleas for the email showing the weight slip, I still do not have it. She has promised me several times over the last couple weeks to find out what the 6 rolls of shrinkwrap was for, and to email me the weight slip. Instead of calling me or my brother as promised, she sends me an email to my personal email account yesterday at noon knowing full well I was working out of state and would more than likely not look until monday night. Monday night when I got home I responded to her email saying I would drive the 5 hours to NC to meet the movers on tuesday which I did. On tuesday, I emailed Mandy to inform her I was here and ready. She emailed me back and told me she misunderstood her dispatcher and the truck is now back en route to CA with my stuff. Mandy has continued to make false promises to answer my questions, let me know the status of the truck, or email me the weight slip proving I owe an additional $600. And now I still do not have my belongings. They are on a truck back to CA. I am now having to hire an attorney to get my stuff. In addition, I googled their company the other night and found similar nightmare stories including 1 customer who stated they had left feces in his belongings.
RW

Big Dog

Re: STAY AWAY FROM JET LINES MOVING & STORAGE!!!

Postby Big Dog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:54 am

It never ceases to amaze me how these shippers never have the time to research the moving companies BEFORE they contract with the companies, but the shippers have all the time in the world to research the companies AFTER the goods are loaded!!! Doesn't make sense :wacko:

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 am

contact www.moverescue.com they can provide legal counseling and advice.

LS16spd

Postby LS16spd » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am

as a matter of fact I did not have the time. It was a last second decision to relocate for work due to layoffs... either way, doesnt excuse their behavior,,, does it??????? didnt think so
RW

LS16spd

Postby LS16spd » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:15 am

thanks Archie!! im all over it!! :)
RW

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 am

Luckily they only got you for $600, the typical amount is usually a lot higher than that. Lets hope that by the time you actually do get your stuff, that that amount won't go up. As bad as $600 sounds, there are worse ripoffs taking place to others.

LS16spd

Postby LS16spd » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 am

ya the 600 is in addition to the 950 i already paid them for a very small studio worth of stuff that was already boxed!!

They never actually even let me know the truck was here. I recieved an email monday at noon while I was working stating "Your truck will be in NC today",, I responded monday night stating I would come down tuesday which I did. By the time i emailed her tues, she claimed she had misunderstood her dispatcher and the truck had already been sent back to CA.

I dont care what anyone says, there is NO excuse for this...NONE
RW

DoubleR

Postby DoubleR » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:38 am

Big Dog wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how these shippers never have the time to research the moving companies BEFORE they contract with the companies, but the shippers have all the time in the world to research the companies AFTER the goods are loaded!!! Doesn't make sense :wacko:

-------------------------

Perhaps some are not as experienced as you appear to be by your comments. Perhaps some are old and disabled as my mother and sister are and don't have access to some research tools. They were scammed. Have some understanding and compassion for people.
DoubleR

Return to “Report A Scam”