Budget Express Moving & Storage, Inc. in CA?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
William J.

Budget Express Moving & Storage, Inc. in CA?

Postby William J. » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:33 am

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Budget Express Moving & Storage, Inc. in Palmdale, CA?? Thanks!

Diane

Re: Budget Express Moving & Storage, Inc. in CA?

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:50 pm

There's a Budget Express Movers on the blacklist on this website. Although it's in Florida and you think yours is in CA, they may be related. Please find out the MC (motor carrier) license number for the company you are dealing with so we can check it out.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:50 pm

I see a Budget Expres Moving & Storage in Palmdale, CA, as having MC# 466131.

They were granted their original license as broker in Sept 15, 2003, and switched to Common two days later. They have no insurance cancellations. I don't see anything wrong with this company, but they are really new, and as such, I can't say they're good. We generally recommend using a company in business for at least 5 years at the same address.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 pm

Oh yes, I see its BBB report now. It's located in Suite C20 and is operated by Yaniv (John) Golan. According to the BBB, it also goes by the name Budget Van Lines. Wonder if that's related to the Budget Van Lines USA that's on the blacklist on this website. FBI statistics show that the great majority of scam moving companies indicted in the U.S. are operated by citizens of Israel.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:02 pm

Nope, that Budget's in MD.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:08 pm

Also different than Budget Moving & Storage, owned by the Peretz brothers(?) in Canoga Park, CA.

This does a wonderful job of illustrating both how:

:arrow: there are several movers out there with similar names, and why searches have to be thouroughly researched. (I've been caught by this a few times)

:arrow: there are more than a few movers who count on name recognition to pull in customers. People who have never moved recognize Budget as having something to do with moving, maybe having rented a truck before, and think that the full-service mover is somehow related. Scroll through the blacklist and see how many known and documented scammers have names containing United, Ryder, North American, Interstate, or even names sounding like trusted insurance companies- Nationwide, Allstate...

William J.

Postby William J. » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:53 pm

I thank you all very much for your responses. I asked this company about being connected to Budget Vanlines and they said they had no idea what I was talking about. They also estimate by cubic feet and did not provide me with Rights and Responsibilities pamphlet.

I also have a decent quote from Rudd connected to Atlas Vanlines - can anyone offer any information on them, are they good/reputable?

Thanks again!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:22 pm

If you can register for this website it will be better.

I have no information on Rudd's (Atlas) in Long Beach but some of the moving professionals may know about it.

Return to “Open Community”