**Anyone heard of Lippincott Van Lines??

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
clotho26

**Anyone heard of Lippincott Van Lines??

Postby clotho26 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:02 am

Hello,

I'm making an interstate move from Connecticut to Virginia and have contacted a couple of moving companies in my area. One (an agent for Atlas Van Lines) am still waiting to hear from as to weather they can accomidate my moving date and the other is an independent van lines listed on AMSA. I asked the latter for an in home estimate but they told me they do not do in home estimates on those with fewer than 4 rooms (I have 3 rooms to move) They asked me to make an inventory of my items to be moved and gave me a non-binding estimate based on weight. Does anyone of this sound odd? Their website is at http://www.lippincottvanlines.com/ and the number I contacted them at is 1-800-245-8563

They are going to contact me later today with further info on the move and I will ask them for DOT and MC license numbers, but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Paul Pham

Diane

Re: Anyone heard of Lippincott Van Lines??

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:31 am

Paul, I found Lippincott Van Lines on www.safersys.org and their MC (motor carrier) license number is 334516. They have been licensed to do interstate moves since 1998, which is a good sign. I don't see anything alarming on safersys: they had one very brief license revocation which may have been related to their insurance lapsing and then being reinstated. Their BBB report suggests that they may be an agent of North American Van Lines, which (if true; it's not mentioned on their website) would be another point in their favor.

Not giving you an in-home estimate, even for three rooms of furniture, is a red flag, however; and you should also try to get a Guaranteed Not to Exceed estimate from any company you deal with. If I were you I would look further. Call some more agents of major van lines that advertise in your local phone directory and see whether they'll give you an in-home estimate. When do you have to move?

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:51 am

According to their web site they are an independent company, with 20 trucks and 50 employees. They are not affiliated with North America from what I see. And its states on their web site that they have been around since 1968. They have two locations, one in Winsted, CT with an additional location in North Haven, CT.

And I second Dianes recommendation, get a not to exceed and have them come out and perform a survey.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

unsatisfied

Postby unsatisfied » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:07 pm

Yes, have had a bad experience with them so far. Am still in the resolution process, so they still have a chance to redeem themselves, though.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:50 pm

Can you tell us more, please? What happened during your move?

ehp

Postby ehp » Fri May 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Since this thread is about a year old, I was wondering if anyone had used Lippincott Van Lines recently?

I checked out their record on the safersys website. If I am reading it correctly, it looks like they checked out fine...?

I also wanted to find out if you think it is necessary to get an in home estimate when I am only moving a studio apartment. I really do not have that much stuff. From our brief conversation, I got a quote for 1000 lbs ($858) and a quote for 1500 ($1092) lbs. Does this seem right to you all?

Also, I wanted to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to all the people putting together such great information on this sight. I was about to go with a moving company that I found from the internet when I came along this website. It turns out they did not pass the safersys website test (I am sure this doesn't surprise you all!).

drzolla

Postby drzolla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:23 am

Their salesperson came to my house last week and gave a very thorough in home estimate. I asked for, and was given a binding not to exceed estimate, along with a detailed printout of all items to be moved. Everything I can tell so far about their company seems to be on the up and up. Another moving company, Daley moving and storage out of Torrington, showed up the next day and gave a similar estimate. Right now I'm trying to decide between the two companies. Does anyone have information or experience with Daley moving and storage?
I was dealing with a moving company that turned out to have 5 pgs of complaints, so I joined what I consider a valuable and important site.
www.movingscam.com/forum
Thank you all!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:25 am

(while we wait for a pro to chime in on this company, I have to say I smiled immensely at your signature line. Glad to know you found the info you needed to steer clear of a difficult company)

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 am

It said Daley specializes in moves to Florida so I hope you are moving there since this seems to be their strong suit.
I checked the SOS and their business is listed as dissolved.
Business Inquiry Details
Business Name: DALEY MOVING & STORAGE INC. Business Id: 0012420
Business Address: NONE Mailing Address: 561 S MAIN ST, TORRNGTN, CT, 06790
Citizenship/State Inc: Domestic/CT Last Report Year: 1982
Business Type: Stock Business Status: Dissolved
Date Inc/Register: Mar 09, 1970

Principals
No Principal Records found for Business with Id: 0012420

Business Summary
Agent Name: ANTHONY MARIANO
Agent Business Address: 561 S MAIN ST, TORRINGTON, CT
Agent Residence Address: 72 POSSUM DR, NEW FAIRFIELD, CT

Name : DALEY MOVING & STORAGE, INC OF TORRINGTON
USDOT Number : 23845
MC # : 127052
Address : 634 MIGEON AVE
TORRINGTON, CT 06790
Mailing Address : PO BOX 965
TORRINGTON, CT 06790
Telephone : (860)482-8508
Fax : (860) 482-6674

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Satisfactory
Review Date : 3/6/2003
Most recent Safety Rating Data

Licensing & Insurance Status : Registered
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 3
Number of Tractors : 2
Number of Trailers : 1
No registered complaints since 2007 and that was 1 for loss and damage and claims

BBB has 2 complaints in the last 36 months with 1 in the last 12 month.

Member of their Chamber of Commerce in Torrington.

Besides this information no negative reports found

They have had their name mentioned in the database for FMCSA for revocation in 2005.
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/lihtml/r ... 050107.PDF

Besides what is avaiable on the web I have no personal or professional experience with them.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Lippincott is a very good independent van line. We have storage shipments in for them from time to time, and I have found that both the people in the office, and the van operators are pleasant and easy to work with.

No complaints. Paperwork always neat and in order. One thing about them, you will definitely know it's Lippincott when the truck shows up... :)
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

I have had great experience working with Lippincott. Jeff and his people have always been responsive to issues I have had. They have hauled my shipments and I have hauled there shipments. I would recommend them.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Return to “Open Community”