**Coast Transfer and Storage (Mayflower), Ventura, CA?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
coachjg

**Coast Transfer and Storage (Mayflower), Ventura, CA?

Postby coachjg » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts about Coast Transfer and Storage, a Mayflower agent in Ventura, CA? I'm leaning toward going with them for my move to NYC (BBB A+ rating, Binding not to Exceed estimate). I can't find a single review of them online, either positive or negative.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rick

Re: Coast Transfer and Storage (Mayflower), Ventura, CA?

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 am

Rick is correct. Coast is our preferred agent in the coastal area north of LA.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

coachjg

Postby coachjg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks, Rick and BLC! I got a good feeling from the estimator, and her weight approximation came in around our others, but it definitely helps to hear something positive about Coast from someone else. I appreciate it!

jgreen

Postby jgreen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:00 pm

I recently moved with Coast Transfer and Storage after having a terrible experience with another moving company. This experience was FANTASTIC. Their estimator was very helpful and knew what she was doing. You can tell their crew is very experienced and very professional. I highly recommend them and I will use them again in the future. The fact that they are family business makes it more personal and less corporate!

Amazon135

Postby Amazon135 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Thank you for this thread! We are scheduled to get an estimate from them next week for a cross-country move.

I did in-depth research on all companies I am considering and Mayflower / Coast Transfer & Storage came out top of the list. Records and BBB rating clean as a whistle - the only other company they tied with was Bekins (whom we are also getting an estimate from).

terry0

Re: **Coast Transfer and Storage (Mayflower), Ventura, CA?

Postby terry0 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:32 pm

i was extremely dissatisfied with the service.
they've made me pay for mattress packaging and never actually packaged my mattresses. They charged me without giving me an option of packaging them myself, when i phoned mayflower to complain they said that it was optional and it was my choice and money will not be refunded. The mattresses arrived dirty!
The driver was one day late for a pick up. Two items of furniture were damaged.
The card was charged before the furniture arrived even though i was told that i have to pay only after i receive my furniture.
I will never go with this company again.
I've moved before and it was the worst experience ever.
I also hated the way they handled their employees. Sounded like a horrible and very stressful place to work and i'm regretting now i'd supported a company like that!
Last edited by terry0 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 pm

What was the company's response to your concerns?

KHansen

Postby KHansen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 pm

I couldn't disagree with TerryO anymore. I love that this company is family owned! It made my move feel more personal and I felt like they really cared well for my belongings. I believe it is always possible that items can be damaged during transportation, but I don't believe it is out of carelessness. Everyone was fantastic from start to finish and the moving crew worked quickly and I really felt like they knew what they were doing. I would highly recommend them and I will be calling them if we move in the future!

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 pm

I will never go with this company again.
I've moved before and it was the worst experience ever.
I also hated the way they handled their employees. Sounded like a horrible and very stressful place to work and i'm regretting now i'd supported a company like that!

I know this is an older thread, but I'm a little skeptical of this post by TerryO, and not because our company uses Coast as an agent.

#1 - How would this person know how Coast handles their employees, unless he/she was a former employee, or was at their facility to observe first hand.

The card was charged before the furniture arrived even though i was told that i have to pay only after i receive my furniture.

#2- This is totally contrary to Mayflower's policy on credit cards. If this shipper were paying by credit card, the card is normally charged on or before load date. The exception is COD shipments, and the shipper is required to pay prior to the truck being unloaded, not after the shipment is received.

They charged me without giving me an option of packaging them myself, when i phoned mayflower to complain they said that it was optional and it was my choice and money will not be refunded. The mattresses arrived dirty!

#3 - For sanitary reasons, mattresses are never transported without being either in a mattress carton, or mattress bag. If you were moving locally they may be moved without being packed, but for cross country moving most movers require that mattresses not be moved unpacked.
If your mattresses arrived unpacked and were soiled, that is a claims issue, and has no bearing on the cost of your move, unless you can prove you were charged for a service that was not provided. Also the furniture damaged is a claims issue.

The driver was one day late for a pick up.

#4 - Unless your shipment weighed over a specified weight, and you were given a guaranteed one day load, your shipment would have been given a load spread, which means that just because your preferred date wasn't met, does not mean the shipment was late. If you were given a 2 or 3 day load spread, any of those dates can be scheduled, and the shipment would not be late loading.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”