Cousins USA vs Suddath in Florida. Who to Choose?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
marches

Cousins USA vs Suddath in Florida. Who to Choose?

Postby marches » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:38 pm

I have received quotes from both Cousins and Suddath. Suddath rate is $100/hour for 3 men and Cousins is $84/hour for 3 men. Suddath said it'd take 7 hours, Cousins said 6 hours. Both came to house and gave NTE quotes.

Does anyone have input into either of these companies. Also got quote from American Eagle but they seemed a bit unwilling to provide written quote after home visit.

Need to make decision quickly - all input helpful. Thanks!

Rick

Re: Cousins USA vs Suddath in Florida. Who to Choose?

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

marches

Postby marches » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am curious as to how you know this/think this?

Still in decision making mode!

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Rick is extremely knowledgeable and knows just about everybody in the moving industry. Obviously, I am saying that with my tongue in my cheek; however, in reality, Rick has been around for a long, long, long time. Should there be another "long" in that sentence? :P He is very knowledgeable of the moving industry and, based on his years as a driver and in operations, he does know a lot of people in the business. Rick also knows how to find out things about moving companies and how they operate. There is a wealth of information on the Internet if you know where to look for it. If Rick says both companies are good, you will not wrong with either one you choose for your move. Overhead probably does has something to do with the difference in the hourly rate. An hour difference in the estimates is not a big deal. Which representative seemed to be the most thorough when doing their in-home survey? Did you feel more comfortable with one representative than the other? Keep in mind that, if the higher priced mover's crew is more efficient, you may end up paying less using their services. Since you are not looking at a huge difference in your final cost, if you have a preference based on the impression you got of the sales representative who met with you, I would go with that company.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Probably the difference in hourly rate has something to do with training and carrier requirements. Unigroup requires all crews to be background checked, random drug tested, and packing certified.

Cousins may have the same requirements, but as Rick said, may have lower overhead.

$100 for 3 men doesn't seem out of line to me, but the cost of living may be different in Florida as opposed to Southern California.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”