champion international moving

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
suzanne

champion international moving

Postby suzanne » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:17 pm

can anyone tell me about them? they are located in somerset new jersey. i'm moving to spain from nyc. thanks for any help or suggestions.

Michael

Re: champion international moving

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:51 pm

Suzanne,

What can you tell us about them. How did you find them? Did you find them over the internet and so on?

Thanks,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:38 pm

According to the FMCSA's License & Insurance page, there are no moving companies with "Champion" in the name in Somerset, NJ. Meaning, if this is indeed their legal name, they do not have a moving license.

I do see a website for Champion International Moving, in Southpointe, PA (outside Pittsburgh). Is this the company you mean?
www.champmove.com

suzanne

Postby suzanne » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:46 am

yes that is their website.

MusicMom wrote:According to the FMCSA's License & Insurance page, there are no moving companies with "Champion" in the name in Somerset, NJ. Meaning, if this is indeed their legal name, they do not have a moving license.

I do see a website for Champion International Moving, in Southpointe, PA (outside Pittsburgh). Is this the company you mean?
www.champmove.com

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:53 am

they claim they are mainly a corporate relocation company. they moved my neighbor's wife's company. we are doing a residential move and my neighbor and i want to share a container to cut down on the costs. their card has two addresses, but it appears that 1 champion way, canonsburg, PA 15317 is their main address. we are getting the quote today and i will begin investigating and get some answers before we sign anything. thank you and i hope to hear back from someone out there.

MusicMom wrote:According to the FMCSA's License & Insurance page, there are no moving companies with "Champion" in the name in Somerset, NJ. Meaning, if this is indeed their legal name, they do not have a moving license.

www.champmove.com

IMP

Postby IMP » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:25 am

I've had dealings with this company and they have always been excellent. They predominantly work in corporate relocation arena and have an excellent reputation in that area. If you are in NJ - it is very possible that they had someone from a local moving company perform the survey - but yes - they are located in the Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them as an international mover - have only not done so in the past as I wasn't aware that they were working in the C.O.D. market.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:36 pm

IMP wrote:I've had dealings with this company and they have always been excellent. They predominantly work in corporate relocation arena and have an excellent reputation in that area. If you are in NJ - it is very possible that they had someone from a local moving company perform the survey - but yes - they are located in the Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them as an international mover - have only not done so in the past as I wasn't aware that they were working in the C.O.D. market.

oh thank you so much for the info.

also, what were your dealings? how you know them and your experience with them?

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:13 pm

Suzanne, I am very excited to hear that this company is doing moves for individuals as well as for corporations. It's great that IMP can vouch for them! Please keep us posted on your move and confirm that Champion is indeed in the COD market so that we can mention the company to others if it does a good job for you.

IMP

Postby IMP » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:14 pm

Guest - if you will register (it's free) and PM me, I'll be happy to explain more about my dealings with Champion.

cim_brian

Postby cim_brian » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:37 pm

IMP wrote:I've had dealings with this company and they have always been excellent. They predominantly work in corporate relocation arena and have an excellent reputation in that area. If you are in NJ - it is very possible that they had someone from a local moving company perform the survey - but yes - they are located in the Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them as an international mover - have only not done so in the past as I wasn't aware that they were working in the C.O.D. market.

IMP, thanks for the kind words both in this thread and the other. That means a great deal to all of us that work here.

Brian

Shabu_shabu

Postby Shabu_shabu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 am

They are also US agents for Moscow-based moving company that will probably be moving us to Kazakhstan from CT.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow a post to a 2004 thread!! Someone is either pissed at them or reading alot :D
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

That's funny. Strange that neither Google Earth, or Google maps will do a street view of that address, which is actually in Canonsburg, PA. It does show an icon for Champion International.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

You can only see a street view if one of Google's camera-covered vans has driven down that street. My own neighborhood doesn't have it yet, either.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 pm

They are legit. They are a forwarder here in Pittsburgh, no trucks, no crews. They're in a huge industrial park. Not in COD market to my knowledge but there isn't really much of an international COD market in Pittsburgh that I know of.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Return to “Open Community”