Is Mercury Auto Transport good or bad?? How about transportreviews.com?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ehwg

Is Mercury Auto Transport good or bad?? How about transportreviews.com?

Postby ehwg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 am

The company is called
Mercury Auto Transport with this site
http://mercuryautotransport.com

Based on my first-hand experience with it over the last a few weeks, what they do are really scams and lies. I can post the details later on. But I really don't get why it has 5 stars rating at
www.transportreviews.com

Is it because I was unlucky to just have had a couple of bad salespersons OR the rating is not reliable (e.g. they were written by guys they hired or they fabricated the reviews themselves)??

I would appreciate any honest comments on Mercury Auto Transport and the transportreviews.com rating's reliability. Thank you for your time!

MusicMom

Re: Is Mercury Auto Transport good or bad?? How about transportreviews.co

Postby MusicMom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 am

Mercury Auto Transport is owned by Matthew Sandomir and his wife. If that name sounds familiar to MovingScam regulars, here's why:
DOT Office of the Inspector General wrote:Title: Florida Moving Brokerage Sales Representative Sentenced to 3 Years Probation and Ordered to Pay $30,000 in Restitution in Household Goods Extortion Scheme
Date: November 26, 2008
Type: Investigation
Summary: On November 26, 2008, Matthew D. Sandomir, former sales representative for National Moving Network (NMN), Miami, FL, was sentenced in U.S. District Court, San Jose, CA, to 3 years probation, 6 months home confinement, and ordered to pay $30,000 in restitution and not to contact any of the defendants. The sentencing resulted from a superseding indictment and plea agreement in which Mr. Sandomir pled guilty to theft from an interstate shipment for his role in the fraudulent shipment of household goods scheme.

NMN, a company that provided fraudulently low moving estimates to customers partnered with AY Transport, another moving company based in San Jose, CA. NMN lured customers into doing business with them by offering them extremely low moving estimates, and after taking possession of customers’ property, increased the price after AY TRANSPORT picked up the customers’ goods. Almost 80 percent of AY Transport’s business came from NMN and in December 2007, 14 defendants, including the owners of AY Transport and NMN, were indicted for conspiracy, wire fraud, extortion, and monetary laundering. Mr. Sandomir agreed to cooperate with the DOT/OIG investigation to avoid a felony conviction.

Who's to say he's operating Mercury any differently than the sales he made for NMN?

[Disclaimer: I was a victim of NMN, but never dealt with Sandomir]

The reviews on TransportReviews.com sound very generic and very happy. The site has no filters to prevent employees or other friends of the company from writing reviews, so they should all be taken with a grain of salt. Read each review carefully and make your own decision as to its authenticity. The website's own disclaimer pretty much alludes to this fact.

The BBB is a business operating on membership fees. If the company is incorporated for more than a year and has given basic contact information, the BBB will accept their dues and give them an A. The minus has come from the 7 complaints they've received already. If the pattern continues, the grade will drop lower and lower, until the membership gets yanked and/or the company goes out of business. It's a general thing we see in researching rogue companies, not saying this is definitely the case here or what will happen.

LGarrison

Re: Is Mercury Auto Transport good or bad?? How about transportreviews.com?

Postby LGarrison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm

From the FMCSA site (Company Snapshot)
Sorry, no records matching *MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT * were found. Try a different value and resubmit the query.

From the FMCSA Site (Registration and Licensing)

US DOT: N/A Docket Number: MC628441
Legal Name: MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT, LLC
Doing-Business-As Name:
Business Address Business
Telephone and Fax Mail Address Mail
Telephone and Fax Undeliverable
Mail
6753 SW 41 DRIVE
FORT LAUDERDALE FL 33314 (754) 234-4056 NO
Authority Type Authority Status Application Pending
Common NONE NO
Contract NONE NO
Broker NONE NO
Property Passenger Household Goods Private Enterprise
YES NO NO NO NO
Insurance Type Insurance Required Insurance on File
BIPD $0 $0
Cargo NO NO
Bond YES NO

They do not have any authority to do any interstate commernce of any kind. An pending authority is the same as no authority.

US DOT: N/A Docket Number: MC628441
Legal Name: MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT, LLC Sub Auth Type Original Action Disposition PROPERTY BROKER DISMISSED 01/09/2008
I'M A LEGAL DOT MOTOR CARRIER with DOT and MC NUMBERS,,,, Compliant with ACTIVE COMMON and CONTRACT AUTHORITY as per FMCSA, I'm in compliance with CSA2010. A legal/quality carrier does matter.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm

There is an active MC number 647319 for Mercury. While there are no FMCSA complaints for that MC number, there are a number listed at the BBB for Contract, Sales Practice, and Advertising issues. Sounds like Matthew has no changed his ways at all.

I wonder if this will affect his plea bargain? I'll call the court and find out.

LGarrison

Postby LGarrison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Looks like he went from a LLC to INC after his MC628441
Legal Name: MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT, LLC was revoked in
01/09/2008

US DOT: N/A Docket Number: MC647319
Legal Name: MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT INC Sub Auth Type Original Action Disposition
PROPERTY BROKER GRANTED 06/06/2008

US DOT: N/A Docket Number: MC647319
Legal Name: MERCURY AUTO TRANSPORT INC
Doing-Business-As Name:
Business Address Business
Telephone and Fax Mail Address Mail
Telephone and Fax Undeliverable
Mail
6753 SW 41 DR
DAVIE FL 33314 (754) 234-4056 NO
Common NONE
Contract NONE
Broker ACTIVE
Property Passenger Household Goods Private Enterprise
YES NO NO NO NO
Insurance Type Insurance Required Insurance on File
BIPD $0 $0
Cargo NO NO
Bond YES YES

I hope this falls under CSA2010 rules and he gets nailed for it.
I'M A LEGAL DOT MOTOR CARRIER with DOT and MC NUMBERS,,,, Compliant with ACTIVE COMMON and CONTRACT AUTHORITY as per FMCSA, I'm in compliance with CSA2010. A legal/quality carrier does matter.

Mercury Advocate

Postby Mercury Advocate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 am

Mercury Auto Transport Brokers the Shipment of About 5,000 cars yearly. We have 15 complaints Since we opened almost 4 years ago. For moving over 20,000 cars 15 issues is less than minimal. In a customer service based industry we strive to keep everyone satisfied , but unfortunately it is almost impossible. Also We are a Brokerage , We do not own our own trucks nor do we claim to.

Our Mission is...
"To provide honest, and dependable service... and to have the client understand the process of the transportation of his/her vehicle, and know that we will get the job done in a timely manner with customer service from beginning to end."
"Mercury Auto Transport is here to create a system that will ultimately change the way that the industry is currently monopolized by low ball brokers and Central dispatch making our company the auto transport powerhouse."
"To have customers experience the best customer service and professionalism in the industry."
"To earn customer and user loyalty and respect and to make money by doing good things. We apply technology and creativity to solve important problems and build the world’s best auto transport system."
Our core values
• Operate with integrity
• Deliver extraordinary service
• Embrace and drive change
• Lighten up! Create fun and laughter
• Be Inventive, Creative, and Open-Minded
• Pursue Growth, Learning and Challenge Ideas
• Practice Direct, Honest and Open Communication
• Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
• Be Passionate, Enthusiastic and Determined
• Never take success for granted. Be Humble.

We wish all of you the best.
Regards,

Charlie Steeves
Account Manager
800-553-1828 Toll Free Ext.13
954-239-1780 Local Ext.13
954-239-1781 E-Fax

M-F 9am-6pm
Sat-Sun 9am-4pm
Last edited by Mercury Advocate on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mercury Advocate

Postby Mercury Advocate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

Check us out at the BBB:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/businessre ... d=92011687
Check us out at transportreviews.com:

http://transportreviews.com/company/mer ... rt-llc.asp
Check us out at Transport Reports:

http://www.transportreports.com/Mercury ... nsport_LLC

*self-promotional link removed*
Regards,

Charlie Steeves
Account Manager
800-553-1828 Toll Free Ext.13
954-239-1780 Local Ext.13
954-239-1781 E-Fax

M-F 9am-6pm
Sat-Sun 9am-4pm

We're large enough to handle all of your vehicle transportation needs, yet small enough to care. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

2 3
Last edited by Mercury Advocate on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mercury Advocate

Postby Mercury Advocate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Wow , im taking all these comments very seriously, as long as Mercury has been around moving cars getting multiple reviews from satisfied customers and even bad reviews from a small amount of them , i have never had anonymous bashing happening with no reference to a personal experience , i hope who ever these people are they would consider calling us personally to have what ever wronged experience they had with Mercury made right , because we actually work very hard to maintain our rating with BBB and Transport reviews top notch it is not an easy thing to maintain , if you look at the BBB even big companies who have the budget to pay any amount to get a good rating dont have one , i say this to ultimately to say most of the companies with the BBB have upset customers unfortunately it is sometimes impossible to keep everyone happy , this is auto shipping we deal with the roads , weather ,Drivers and customers , it is sometimes hard to get everyone on the same page as a broker we take the blame for everything , even those things which are out of our control , because we want our customer to know we always have there best interest in hand, here is the truth of Mercury for any inquiring mind we charge nothing up front until you the customer pulls the trigger on what we have coordinated because we are brokers who do not own there own drivers we dont charge until all parties involved on the move are on the same page , most transport companies charge up front fees , even when they have no idea who is going to pick you up , ultimately any quote you receive via email is an estimate the fact that you explain this to customer and they choose to believe other wise baffles me, the idea that some carrier will move something for lower than any opportunity they may have to move something for more makes no logical sense , the customer would rather have a temporary feeling just to say they found a loop hole in a system that has been running strong for almost 10 years now, the fact that there is nothing worst then hearing i will have to look for a driver, find one and get him to agree on a fair rate to move your car does nothing but put doubt in a customer mind about them getting the lowest rate possible to move there car, so i ask you if we were so dishonest or ran some scam where is the financial incentive in disclosing that info to any potential customer , i can count how many customers do not do business with us because of our honesty then come back to us after they have been ran through the ringer just to apologize and get us to move there cars we always will choose to compromise our finances before we compromise our companies integrity , i encourage any one who feels different to please call us directly so we can clear any mis-communication that may be lingering knocking the BBB , Transport Reviews or any other organization just to make your words hold more weight actually takes away from your ultimate goal which i would think is to help any potential customer from getting scammed, bottom line we value our customers time and planning we always put our best foot forwarded in helping our customers even when it means making another companies quote look Golden because it is so much lower than ours , for any customer who is looking to move their car here is my advice to you stop thinking with your pockets and start thinking with your head , stop going for the lowest price you can find because ultimately the driver is on the opposite side of this spectrum looking for the best price they can find to maximize the space on there truck and that is the the truth, so begin your mission with finding a REPUTABLE company to move your car once you have located that company then find out the rate that will move your car and make a decision then if you are going to drive or get it moved all these brokers are using the same national board(website) to locate a carrier to move your car so you will ultimately end up with the same driver no matter who you go with but only a reputable company will make sure you dont get a driver who has a reputation for fouling up moves and will keep your car on the same truck from pu to del.

Regards
Clarence
Mercury Auto Transport
954-239-1780 x 11

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Wait, is your name Charlie, or is it Clarence? I'm confused.
Regards
Clarence
Mercury Auto Transport
Charlie Steeves
Account Manager

Please consider how the wording of your very first sentence make its appear that you are the actual carrier of the cars. You are not shipping 15,000 cars yearly, you are contracting others to do so. I understand this is a huge part of how the auto shipping industry works so I'm not going to belabor that wording, but it is important to note if you are then going to stipulate that you are a broker and not the carrier. An individual reading your ad might miscontrue that and believe that you will be handling their car yourself.

So, what steps have been taken to ensure that Matthew Sandomir will not be working in the same mode he did before, the way that got him arrested for multiple counts of defrauding customers while acting as a broker?

Mercury Advocate

Postby Mercury Advocate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:24 pm

MusicMom wrote:Wait, is your name Charlie, or is it Clarence? I'm confused.
Regards
Clarence
Mercury Auto Transport
Charlie Steeves
Account Manager

Please consider how the wording of your very first sentence make its appear that you are the actual carrier of the cars. You are not shipping 15,000 cars yearly, you are contracting others to do so. I understand this is a huge part of how the auto shipping industry works so I'm not going to belabor that wording, but it is important to note if you are then going to stipulate that you are a broker and not the carrier. An individual reading your ad might miscontrue that and believe that you will be handling their car yourself.

So, what steps have been taken to ensure that Matthew Sandomir will not be working in the same mode he did before, the way that got him arrested for multiple counts of defrauding customers while acting as a broker?

Clarence is One of our Dispatchers, and im a Account Manager here at Mercury . The first thing we tell anyone who is interested in shipping a vehicle is That anyone responding to a quote request Online is a broker, and to look everyone up on transport reviews, BBB.org and transport reports.com. I also said 5,000 cars a year not 15,000. We dont collect any money upfront. We get paid once we have located a driver that the customer agrees to with a set price and a signed contract from the driver.

If you like call me for a quote and see what is said.. All of our calls are recorded for quality assurance and traning purposes. This company is built on our Good Reputation in the industry, and our excellent customer service. I take pride in what i do , and work hard for my customers. Matt Sandomir may own The company but our team runs it, and everyone here has Integrity including Matt. Matt Sandomir has been very good to all of the employees here, and is a woderful guy. I have no doubts Matt will do the right thing, as i said before he Was a Employee he didnt pulls the strings. He paid for his mistakes. This is his chance to make a positive difference in a industry with a bad reputation . Were All human no one is perfect.

Charlie Steeves

954 239 1780 ext 13
Clarence
954 239 1780 ext 11

Mercury Advocate

Postby Mercury Advocate » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am Matthew Sandomir the owner of Mercury Auto Transport along with my wife Jennifer. I have read this blog and can understand the concerns and mistrust surrounding some questions regarding my past and my company. I apologize for such a long response but I do feel it is necessary to address your concerns personally as best I can.

About NMN:

Unfortunately, I was a part of a company (National Moving Network) whose owners involved in some shady business which I don’t believe I am allowed to publicly discuss as the case has not been tried yet. I was the first and as far as I know the only person to work with the prosecutors and get myself out of that mess. Three years later, I am happy to say it is almost over for me and if anyone has any specific questions, feel free to email me personally, I will do my best to answer them with the information I found out after the company was essentially shut down by the Feds.

I know my association with NMN looks bad. What I can tell you is that there are two (or three sides) to every story and from what I witnessed at NMN I realized that it was way too easy for people to be mislead and scammed in the moving industry. Ironically it was that insider information that inspired me to open my own brokerage and to operate transparently with honesty and integrity.

About Transport Reviews:

I can tell you, Transport Reviews.com does not allow people to post fake reviews, it does allow for compensated reviews and some companies pay their customers to write those and indicated it on the review. We do not do that. It only allows one IP Address per review to assure that if there is any company taking advantage, those reviews will be taken down. So, we are very proud of our reviews and the job we have been doing for over the last three years.

From time to time in rare instances things don't always work out perfect for our clients however, we always take responsibility and make amends with our customers to make sure they know we care and will do all we can do to make things better. Furthermore, we do not charge any money to any of our clients unless they like and agree on the carrier we've located for them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If anyone has any more questions, concerns or would just like to speak with me personally about this I implore you to not hesitate to call me at 954-239-1780 ext.20 and I will be happy to have a conversation with you about myself, my company and anything that will help you understand were we are coming from and that there are two sides to every story.

My wife can also be reached on her cell at 754-422-3834, .

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Matthew Sandomir
Owner
Mercury Auto Transport
954-239-1780 ext.20

Return to “Open Community”