Global Moving SErvices

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sassycher121

Global Moving SErvices

Postby sassycher121 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:05 pm

Wondering if anyone has tried these guys? Are they scam artists? Also, any suggestions on a good, cheap moving company moving from Massachusetts to Florida??

I never knew there was so much invloved with this!!

dstengl

Re: Global Moving SErvices

Postby dstengl » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:18 pm

This is my post from earlier this year. I would recommend you give Neal a call to discuss your move to Florida.

Back in December I found this helpful website and asked for tips on how to ensure a good move from Wisconsin to Fort Myers, FL. I received some great advice.
Now I would like to report on the results of my move.
We choose to use Midstate Moving/Storage d/b/a Florida Van Lines based out of Clearwater, FL. For clarification, to the best of my knowledge this is not the same company as another with the same variation of that name, that is blacklisted.
I am so glad we choose them. Our move went close to perfect. The representative (Neal Garrison), the dispatcher (Angie) and the two movers (Stan & Ron) were FANTASTIC.
I was very reluctant to hire any moving company but Neal “held my hand” through the whole process and was very patient and forthcoming with my endless questions. He gave me a guaranteed price based on the weight from another company’s in-house estimate and though it turned out that our weight was well above the quote, we did not have to pay one penny more.
Angie did a great job keeping us updated on when the truck would arrive to pick up our stuff, where they were in transit and when they would be dropping off our stuff.
The movers, Stan and Ron were totally professional and very friendly. They roughed it through a snow/ice storm to load our stuff. The loading job they did was amazing. And when it came to unload it, they managed to fit it all in the storage unit that we had rented in Florida, which was no small task.
When I found this website, I had said that I would love to see more recommendations from people who had good experiences, so that is why I am sharing this information. I can without any reservation, make a personal recommendation for this company.
If anyone is in the process of moving and would like to consider using FL Van Lines I would be happy to talk to you about my own experience. Just send me a PM (personal message).
Special thanks to Diane and Tim who took time to offer me special guidance.
Denise Stengl
Formerly of Wisconsin, Now in Sunny Florida :D

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Welcome back, Denise! So glad you had a good move. I know there's someone here who's moving from Florida to Colorado--I'll notify him/her of your post.

Postby 23 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:52 pm

Importatant to note re: Midstate/Florida Van Lines:

Earlier this year, Neal Garrison contacted at least one "regular" from this site and said some not so good things about Midstate and that he had actually quit there and was working for a different company. That "regular" also said that a few months later Neal was back with Midstate recanting the claims he had previously made.

This whole situation just sounded fishy to me. Neal was asked to clarify this whole thing with Tim Walker, but I am not sure if he ever did!

Return to “Open Community”