South fl moving help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
lovemyboat

South fl moving help

Postby lovemyboat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forums and am just looking for a little help with choosing a moving company. I live in Fort Lauderdale and am moving to Tampa Bay, which is about 200 miles away. I have about a month until I move. I have the following two companies to choose from locally.

AA Varco - Allied Van Lines
Sunset Movers - Atlas Van Lines
All My Sons

They all estimated I have between 4800 and 5400 pounds and they have similar prices. The only thing that worries me though is the third company, all my sons, wont provide a binding estimate. Has anyone had any experience with either of these three companies? Thanks for the help! :)

Diane

Re: South fl moving help

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:58 pm

If you check out the Superlist (click on the button above) you'll see that AA Varco and Sunset both have good reviews and comments there under South Florida. All My Sons does not. Further, Suddath in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, a company endorsed by this website, has a :thumbsup: there because of multiple good reviews. You might want to get a quote from them as well.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

lovemyboat

Postby lovemyboat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks for the help Diane. I really appreciate it. I asked Suddath to come to my home and chose to toss the All My Sons estimate since they are not with a major van line. Also, Varco wasn't able to give me the exact dates I wanted. So now it is between Sunset and Suddath. Ill let you know how it all goes, and thanks again.

lovemyboat

Postby lovemyboat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:31 pm

I just thought I would keep everyone updated on how my move went. I ultimately chose Sunset Moving & Storage, and the move went well. My furniture wasn't damaged and the men were respectful. The reason I chose them, though, was because their website/blog actually has a good description of the moving process. While both companies salesmen were helpful, I liked their more informative website. Here's a link to their explanation of the different types of moving contracts so that you know what I am talking about. http://www.sunsetmovers.com/blog/moving ... ote-types/

Thanks Diane, and movingscam.com!

=)

Ill be sure to recommend you to my friends when they move too, this sites great for removing some of that moving day stress :D

Return to “Open Community”