**Review of Suddath (Los Angeles)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Headingeast

**Review of Suddath (Los Angeles)

Postby Headingeast » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:40 pm

I just had delivery of our belongings and am dog tired but something needs to be said regardless.

Wade (estimator) + Travis (driver) = SUCCESS!!!

I'm a senior director in a large, multinational company with some of the most demanding clientele you could imagine and frankly if all our frontline personnel were as professional, hands on and just plain intelligent and competent I would not have to worry about half the things I do at work.

Wade was attentive, responsive, consultative and patient. As sales go, he's a winner for me - the customer - and Suddath. Anyone in the LA area should request Wade. How many guys respond on a week-end?

Travis is worth his weight in gold. He is the most professional yet personable driver and project manager I've met - this isn't limited to just moving, I mean he is a natural project manager. I've moved locally in CA about 4 times in the last 6 years and once internationally in the same time frame. I've moved from several different countries in Europe over the last 15 years and Travis stands out head and shoulders. When I need to move again in about a year's time I will be calling Suddath and asking specifically for Travis to be the driver on the move (that's if he hasn't been promoted or headhunted by the competition).

In moving my family across the country, including a 5 month baby boy, while working and my wife looking for a job and prepping for interviews, without the likes of Travis and Wade it would have all been a nightmare worthy of an opera..!

Suddath is money well spent, trust well placed.

This review is gushing I admit and is short of specific details that are important for people to know but that will have to wait. It's been a 18hr day of constant move and the more I unpack and see nothing wrong, the more I felt it appropriate to say good things ASAP.

One last thing - THANK YOU to MovingScam.com. This site and the posters are the best!

Movinghelper

Re: Review of Suddath (Los Angeles)

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:01 am

They are a very good company, Thank you for the review and we look forward to more. It is nice to hear success stories.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

BillAdams

Re: Review of Suddath (Los Angeles)

Postby BillAdams » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:45 am

Headingeast,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of your recent experience with Suddath. We can never have enough good reviews of movers and their staff who make it all happen.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
-Mark Twain

BigLeeCalif

Re: **Review of Suddath (Los Angeles)

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Just an FYI for a move that you would like to request a specific driver on.

You will need to plan ahead, and perhaps have some direct communication with Travis. If you wish to request him, he may need to factor his dispatch so that he is in your area at the time you wish to move. It wouldn't work out if you wanted him, and on your move date he is in Florida..
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Headingeast,

Thanks so much for this excellent review. A point of clarification - did your employer pay for your relocation?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Headingeast

Postby Headingeast » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 am

Diane,

No, it was a self-funded move which made it all the more important that it was a low-stress event as I had no facilitator to hire/review firms.

The key aspect of what hiring Suddath so good was the clear comms on the details of their service, the ability to drill down into details and understand the pros & cons of the different options (this is where Wade's style came in to good effect) and also the fact that Wade worked with me on all aspects of what needed to be done.

The support/admin staff were also excellant. Shelly Davis was always on hand and quick to respond to questions and to provide me with forms etc that I needed. Again, basic stuff, but when it's not done right, the issues cascade and so it's important.

Travis was the same. He let me know my options, didn't try to bug me to chose one over the other. When he saw a potential problem he took action to get ahead of the issue (usually something I'd not performed properly) and I was able to make the decision needed. On the delivery side, he respected the fact that it was my money that was at stake in making sure things went well and where there was a small accident (i didn't know about it as I was outside) he called me over and showed it me. No problem, easily solved, but I appreciated his honesty.

There is also something else that needs to be highlighted. On both ends of the move, the crew/affiliates that Travis used were good guys. I'm sure there were cheaper guys available, but these guys knew what they were doing, were able to work under Travis' direction without needing him or me to supervise them all the time - they got on with the tasks at hand and did so properly. Basic stuff, but important...

I've about fully unpacked and there were minor dings and dents in a few things but nothing broken beyond easy repair, the electrical stuff works and the condition of the moving boxes are good enough for one final move (when we buy our house hopefully in a year).

If there's any other specific questions anyone has then feel free to ask here and best to send a PM as well so it dings on my email and will ensure a quick response.

Thanks!

Return to “Open Community”