United Transportation Moving and Storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cota4kidz

United Transportation Moving and Storage

Postby cota4kidz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:38 am

Does anyone know anything about this company? They are based in Sherman Oaks, CA. I didn't see any info with the BBB so I inquired of the company why that is and they said that their incorporated name is Allways Transportation and they do have a BBB rating of B-. They aslo supplied me with their DOT number and it seems legitimate. I am trying to do research for my son who is getting married and trying to get his fiancee moved from CA to NJ. We are so fearful of him being scammed because we have heard so many stories. This company gave us a great price for the move and auto transport but .... they email and/or call me almost every day and that's scaring me off! Am I being ridiculous?

MusicMom

Re: United Transportation Moving and Storage

Postby MusicMom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 am

I'm sorry, but as you can see in this link, they are licensed only to move autos. They have an application for a Household Goods license, but the application was suspended in March 2011.

They have also had 3 complaints in 2011, which is not a huge amount but note that they are pretty small so the proportion should be considered, including one complaint for holding a load hostage for more money.

While this may not seem horrible, note that the owner, Eyal Dror, has run other moving companies in the past, each with its own set of complaints, and you begin to see a pattern of customer abuse. Look at these threads:
Universal Moving & Storage:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18884
Paramount Packing & Relocation
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12757
Pacific Quest Van Lines
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6900

What you and your son should do is call a company nearby to his fiance's house, who will come and see everything she has to be moved, and have a professionally trained estimator determine how big a load she has. Somehow I doubt United offered to do that.

Lastly, we really detest when fly-by-night companies play off the known names of the bigger van lines (or other nationally-known companies such as Verizon, Nationwide, Paramount, etc), in this case United Van Lines.

BigLeeCalif

Re: United Transportation Moving and Storage

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:27 pm

The only company around Southern California that I would trust that has the name United in its name is United Moving & Storage in San Bernardino. They are a well respected United Van Lines agent, with headquarters in Bremerton, WA
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”