Berger Allied or Wald (Mayflower)?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Berger Allied or Wald (Mayflower)?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:07 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to decided between these two companies for our move this late July from Houston, TX to Leesburg, VA. Berger-Allied (DOT 076235 MC-15735) and Wald (Mayflower agent) (DOT 125563 MC-2934). I have GNTE estimates from both for ~4000 lbs. I have checked them out on safersys.org, and both seem good. However, Berger-Allied is not a member of the BBB. Wald has been a member of the BBB since 1966, but they both appear to be reputable.

But, of course, I'm concerned about the whole moving experience period, so, any suggestions, thoughts, concerns, advice about either of these companies? Thanks.

Re: Berger Allied or Wald (Mayflower)?

Postby 23 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:49 pm

I know the two local Berger Allied agents are reputable companies but I am not in TX so I don't know the quality of that agent.

I am sure Mayflower is booked up through the end of July so it might be hard getting a date unless they pick your shipment up locally and hold it until the first of August to load from their warehouse.

You need to make a decision fast or start looking into a DITY company!

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:26 am

Just a note that Berger Allied in other locations has gotten good reviews. I suggest that you send a PM to "IMP" to get her thoughts.

IMP

Postby IMP » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:42 pm

Berger Allied in Houston is one of the companies I would suggest getting an in-home, GNTE estimate from. Just sent someone else to get estimates from them and another carrier from Houston to CA and that person is moving with Allied later this week.

newcustomer

Postby newcustomer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to decided between these two companies for our move this late July from Houston, TX to Leesburg, VA. Berger-Allied (DOT 076235 MC-15735) and Wald (Mayflower agent) (DOT 125563 MC-2934). I have GNTE estimates from both for ~4000 lbs. I have checked them out on safersys.org, and both seem good. However, Berger-Allied is not a member of the BBB. Wald has been a member of the BBB since 1966, but they both appear to be reputable.

But, of course, I'm concerned about the whole moving experience period, so, any suggestions, thoughts, concerns, advice about either of these companies? Thanks.

Can't tell you about Mayflower and each move is different, but when we moved from mN to TX with berger it was really bad and they broke a ton of stuff..including couches..hard to believe, but they did....

I also am considering a move and looking at Metcalf mayflower. Ask Berger the rating of the driver and make sure he/she is experienced. Be there and help guide the move...above all if there are issues....call the office and tell driver to leave. Maybe they will be good this time, but hate to see what happened to me happen to anyone else. The problem with mayflower is they use independent agents, not employees and this means the agent does whatever....

Such a hard decision with both...

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:03 pm

What does "the rating of the driver" mean?

Petrified

Postby Petrified » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:39 pm

STAY AWAY from Berger Allied.

Moved with them last year (1500 miles) and they broke more items than they delivered.

Not worth the hassle. Had full valuation insurance and it took 8 months to get paid.

These people actually lost a COUCH. LOST it. ???

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:13 pm

Petrified . . . WHICH Berger Allied was bad? It will help so many more people if you can specify which agent in which city. As I said, some Berger Allieds have a very good reputation.

Return to “Open Community”