Heard of The Moving Connection

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
NY to Boston

Heard of The Moving Connection

Postby NY to Boston » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:06 pm

A "friend of a friend" pointed me to Moving Connection Inc. DBA The Moving Connection; USDOT Number: 716271

The report from safersys.org shows 4 driver violations resulting in 3 out of service responses. How should I interpret this? What are common driver violations?

I plan to call the company but want to hear from the forum first.

The "friend of a friend" is a pretty worthy source and I've been reading this forum for a while and calling tons of moving companies. So many companies seem shady that I'm almost leaning towards Moving Connection b/c at least I know someone who "has and in" at the company. This may be a bit irrational, but this process is maddening!

Any thoughts on Moving Connection and/or a good service for a 1-bedroom move from NYC to Boston....GREATLY APPRECIATED!

twalker
Site Admin

Re: Heard of The Moving Connection

Postby twalker » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:15 pm

Well, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Licensing and Insurance web site, this company has had several recent license revocations, the lates one being on 7/6/2004 and they currently are listed as having absolutely no interstate operating authority from the FMCSA. A 75% Out of Service record for their drivers is also nothing to be proud about considering the national average is 7.21%.

I would definitely keep looking. Right now this company couldn't legally perform an interstate move if they wanted to.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”