Dan's Relocators???

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Theresa

Dan's Relocators???

Postby Theresa » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:03 pm

Just wanted to check out... Has anyone heard anything about Dan's Relocators in Warrenville, IL? good or bad.... I've done my homework this time but i still want to check... Thanks

MusicMom

Re: Dan's Relocators???

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:46 pm

Dan's Relocators, Warrenville, IL.
DOT # 755687, MC # 286627

3 license revocations since 1997, each one taking several months to get reinstated. That right there should knock them off your list!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:50 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOONG history of many insurance cancellations. Policies seeming to get shorter and shorter lifespans as you get closer to present times. 2 insurance rejections, they applied for policies already cancelled by them. Duh!

Where are you going from and to? What were your projected moving dates?

sunnyvali

Postby sunnyvali » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Unfortunately, I found this site too late. Dan's crew came to house to move some furniture to the basement. They were there for an hour and could not move the sofa's to the basement and still wanted to charge me for 2 hours.

I told them that they should have accessed that right from the beginning and I will pay for the hour as the job is not done as that was the reason we called them. After much back and forth, he agreed to one hour.

Then Dan had the nerve to call me at my work number and throw racial slurs at me. I don't believe this! I am so mad. I am looking for help to report this guy to various agencies. Any ideas?

Do not use this guy under any circumstance.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Where are you located? Which state?

sunnyvali

Postby sunnyvali » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:18 pm

IL, near Chicago.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:34 pm

This is who is in charge of INTRAstate moving in IL. Here's the link for complaints:
http://www.icc.illinois.gov/ci/transportation.aspx

sunnyvali

Postby sunnyvali » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:55 am

Thanks!

PissedOff

Postby PissedOff » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:10 pm

I used these clowns and they were 4 hours late for my 7 am moving time, I heard every excuse in the book from the owner Dan. They also broke several items during the move and they tried to charge me an additional $150 for a small piano that was previously included in the original quote, they were telling me they were going to hold my piano until I paid. They finally surrendered my piano and they should consider themselves very lucky. This is a really bad company and I learned my lesson the hard way. Dan's Relocators may offer you a cheap quote but in the end you will get *BLANK* one way or another. By the way,...they don't even own their trucks...they are all rentals with no signage on them which is a violation of the Illinois Commerce Commission. You can also view their unsatisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau @ bbb.com You may find Dan's Relocators listed in both Naperville and Warrenville but it's the same guy named Dan Fleming.

benhuristerrible

Postby benhuristerrible » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Funny as this is, I personally know the son of Dans relocators. And FYI he (the son) is thief and tells me stories of how he steals things from moves and they have NO regard for peoples items. I have personally been over to their house in Naperville (where they live) and they hire just about anyone to work for this company. Most of the people they hire are drug addicts who are desperate for money. His son who moves for his father (who owns the company) should be watched and is very lazy and he demands huge gratuity. Watch out for this shady company. I know these people personally. Dont use them. They have absolutely no regard for the workers they hire to move your personal items. Trust ME. ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING: ESPECIALLY TO THE GUY WHO POSTED ABOUT THE RACIAL THING: they are extremely racist and homophobic. ALL OF THEM. Just to let you know. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:13 pm

How do we know that you're not a mover trashing the competition?

benhuristerrible

Postby benhuristerrible » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:47 pm

I dont know I guess you will have to find out for yourself. But I can personally describe Dan and his house?? It is up to your discretion. If you actually look up my sn on here up, I am going through an awful move right now with Ben Hur moving company (hence why I joined this site) and wanted to save people from the horrors of a bad moving company. As I scanned this website I noticed his dads company on here and decided to let some people know what I have personally experienced. Its ultimately your decision. But you have been warned.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Ok, thanks.

Return to “Open Community”