La Rosa Del Monte Express Anyone heard of or used them?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jesseh49

La Rosa Del Monte Express Anyone heard of or used them?

Postby jesseh49 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:11 pm

A friend who used them said that they were good, but who knows he may have just gotten lucky. I am interested in using them for my move from NY to CA. Stuff is in storage right now.
Thanks.

Tyrone

Re: La Rosa Del Monte Express Anyone heard of or used them?

Postby Tyrone » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:17 pm

We need to know their DOT# or MC# to do a correct investigation.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

jesseh49

Postby jesseh49 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:23 pm

How do I get that information?

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:29 pm

You can just ask them. Any reputable company should know that information, and it will be listed on every Bill of Lading that they give out, and any of their advertising material. If they ask you why you want it, tell you that the manager is the only one who knows it, or hesitate to give it to you then hang up and look into the next company on your list.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:30 pm

You can call them and ask for it. If they give you the slightest hesitation or in any way suggest that you are out of order for requesting this information, then immediately eliminate them from any further consideration.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:34 pm

there are 2 La Rosa Del Montes, one in the Bronx, and one in Philadelphia. Here is the info for both, and you can tell us which it is, or if it's even a third one.

Bronx:
MC134689
Their authority was originally granted in 1980 (good sign), superceded in 1982 (I don't know what this is, a moverguy can answer), revoked in 2001 for a little over a month. It could be due to insurance issues, I'll check... I'm not sure if it's insurance related or not. There are so many versions of the Common authority, I can't really keep track of which policy attaches to which license. There are a few name changes mentioned, though, but I don't know what the old name was. It happened on 9-6-2001, 2 months after their license was reinstated. Perhaps they could answer that.

They have had 3 closed enforcements (fines) for 2 log violations, using a driver before he was fully qualified, and failing to properly do drug and alcohol testing. $32,850 total.

Several Vehicle inspections problems, mostly maintenence things.

Driver inspections: not a bad percentage of Out Of Service violations. One Critical Violation for falsifying duty logs.

Philly:
no license, no application pending, could have been an older version of the Bronx one, or they started to branch out and didn't complete it. OK, so ther you have your info.

It;s not a great record, but doesn't follow the typical scammer outfits. They have been around for a while, have over 40 trucks, and might be worth an estimate, as long as you get 2-3 others.

jesseh49

Postby jesseh49 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:39 pm

I am using the one in the Bronx. I will call call and get the Dot#'s

jesseh49

Postby jesseh49 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:58 pm

Here is their DOT#0025982

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:03 pm

Hi, Jesse - glad things are still OK with you. People who want to see what you've been through might like to look at these old threads - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14365
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17008

Return to “Open Community”