E-Z Moving (NYC) and an offer to help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

E-Z Moving (NYC) and an offer to help

Postby Diane » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:53 pm

I am re-posting two posts from www.movingadvocateteam.com thinking that they might help warn somebody about E-Z Moving and also that Gil (as an insider) might have some good insight and advice for us. He posted his email address. He also might know about good (and bad) moving companies in NYC, and a lot of people contact us wanting to know about that.

Holding my stuff hostage in storage - (Maggie) 07-09-04 - 7:07 PM [Msgid=677039]
I hired E-Z Moving to move my stuff from my NYC apartment into storage for a month. I was told that it would cost $600, and that I would get a month of storage free. AFter they loaded all my belongings onto their truck, the total came to $1700 and I was forced to sign the contracts even though I didn't want to. I was threatened into giving them a cash tip as well. Now, they have my stuff in storage, and when I called to arrange a time for me to come and pick it up, they told me that I would have to pay $30/per man/per hour for them to bring it to the loading dock and a month of storage for the ramp fee. When I pointed out that I had been specifically told that it would not be a problem for me to come get my stuff, they told me to read the contract (which again, I was forced to sign). They refuse to release my things unless I pay them upfront in cash or check (which would have to clear first) based on their "estimate." Is there anything I can do?

[Replies to this message, if any, are listed below.]

Maybe there is a solution - (Gil Srigov) 08-01-04 - 10:03 AM [Msgid=687836]
Dear Maggie,
It's always the name of the game. They're in power !!! I was doing moving when I was a student, and maybe I have an idea for you. I happen to live in NYC, so please send me an e-mail with your phone number, and I'll give you my idea (for free of course). If they want to play hard ball.....give them back and use the same method. It's a little bit tricky....but I'm sure you prefer to close the case, and get even.

Gil - gilsrigov at yahoo.com

Return to “Open Community”