**Mid-state Moving & Storage, Clearwater

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ringaround

**Mid-state Moving & Storage, Clearwater

Postby ringaround » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:17 pm

There has been a lot of talk through the past about this company and I wondered if there is any new info available or comments from people regarding them. I have checked all the dot#'s and mc#'s and read all the reports on this site.
diane

Re: Mid-state Moving & Storage, Clearwater

Postby 23 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:10 pm

Let's see, you are in NH, they are in scam capital USA! I have heard very negative things from someone who posts here and she said that a guy that works there at Midstate quit, trash talked the company to several volunteers here, said they were ripping people off, but now he is back with the company.

I would avoid this company and look for a mover in your area!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:14 pm

Well, their record does not look like the typical scammer, and there has been at least one mention of someone reporting a good move with them. 23, do you remember where this trash-talking happened?

But the point should be taken that you are in NH, and they are in FL. You should use a mover that is close to you in NH (but avoid any in the Allston/Waterton/Brighton, MA area). How did you end up interested in a mover from Florida? Did you input your info into an internet website to find a over for you? if so, which website was it, and who else contacted you?

Go back to the Index here, and look on the left side for an article called "how to Find a Reputable Mover". It is an excellent place to find exactly how to get a good company for you.

ringaround

Postby ringaround » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:50 am

This website has had reference, good and bad, but the bad seems to be erroneous. I did get them from filling out an online request and did hear from other companies but totally disregarded them. This company seems to stand out and since when a truck comes north with someone's belongings, it makes sense to try to fill it for the return trip, or vice versa, I feel I am getting a good deal. But I don't want to be stupid and use a bad company. That's why I asked if there was new info on them. Thanks for the comments.
diane

Postby 23 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:56 am

Diane,

I have gotten my information from a very credible source. I wouldn't use this company due to the history of events that have occured.

Please PM Tyrone and he might fill you in even more.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:58 am

ringaround,

It's not a good idea to use a moving company that contacts you as a result of your posting information on a moving website. Those sites invariably hook you up with a scammer.

neal

Postby neal » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:54 am

ringaround' We are good movers, to 23... you don't know a damm thing about me, your just a ttrash talker, he said, she said. I don't know you, so why do you talk about us. maybe we can pm some one to fine out more about mid-state don't go putting you in put about some thing you know notting of. hear said, you get it. There is a lot negative on this board,are you people here to help or to just talk trash,

Postby 23 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:08 am

Neal,

A little defensive huh???

Didn't you tell some volunteers here that THIS report was actually true and happened quite often with FVL???

Why did you leave FVL shortly after this incident and why did you return to work for this company???

My sources are credible. Please......

neal

Postby neal » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:18 am

I left because of two other people that work for mid-state, and when they left I came back, would like to talk to you over the phone, because this is getting out of hands, this is not the place for us to discuss my personally behavior. feel free to call me so we can get thur this. so than you will know what I know. But don't go putting mid-state name on the line,because of me. They a good company with many years.

Postby 23 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:22 am

Neal,

Thanks but no thanks. I don't speak to anyone, I am impartial, unbiased, and tell it how it is.

Sometimes the best defense is a silent defense! My feelings remain the same!

neal

Postby neal » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:32 am

23 too funny.... you tell what ever you hear, is it the truth, NO, it's hear say but if you would call me, you would hear it all, so get on the phone, and than you call report back to everybody the true story

Postby 23 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 am

Just like you were asked on July 1st to explain, I will ask again.

A phone call isn't necessary, tell us all what you want to say!

ringaround

Postby ringaround » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:51 am

My goodness have I scared up a hornets next! Mid-state movers does belong to the BBB and you can check out their reputation there.
diane

Postby 23 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:59 am

Ringaround,

If you want to use this company, go ahead. I have given you proof and Neal has done nothing to convince anyone that this isn't true.

I would hope that you don't rely solely on the BBB report since anyone can pay to get a good report, but it's your stuff and money, not mine!

There are thousands of companies out there that can help you, why take your chances??????

NEAL GARRISON

Postby NEAL GARRISON » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:08 am

Ringaround, It not you, this has been going on for a while now, It come down to this, Mid-state moving & storage does a lot of move, we selfhaul everything we book , are truck ,are driver we only move out of florida and than back to florida, with my 5 years with them, it has be good till 1/27/04 I left, because two other guys that work here want me to come with them over to another company, I did bad mouth mid-state becacause of the other two, It is a long story.... but it did not work out for them and me because they were not very honest about some things, which I right now can't discuss at this time. but soon.... so don't go telling people not used us, because of my personally behavior. Florida Van Lines is and will always be a great company to me. This is where I was born and live here in Clearwater, Florida and Florida Van Lines has been here longing than that. Hope this help. good luck to those who are moving.
NEAL

Return to “Open Community”